Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Going crazy stuck in another country  (Read 130 times)

Offline tsh003

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Going crazy stuck in another country
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:11:42 AM »
Hello all, I write to you from China where instead of enjoying myself, I'm starting to lose my mind over worrying so much. On Christmas Day i passed a regular BM except the tail end of it seemed thinner than usual. I took notice of it and of course calculated it into my head that it must be colon cancer. I'm only 20 years old so I'm not in a high risk group but according to Google I'm at an age where it's starting to happen more frequently. I left the country a few days later for this trip thinking things would subside. They haven't and instead all BM's I've passed since have been flatter than usual. None of my BMs have been super (pencil or ribbon) thin, just a bit smaller and flatter than usual (or at least what i think is usual)

Regardless, every time it happens i get more and more uneasy - people have told me it can be caused by stress (it's the only symptom other than a little indigestion) however when I'm completely calm there's nothing except for the thinner BM's. I don't know how to keep myself from thinking the worst until I come home and can be possibly seen by a doctor. I had a CT in august so I'm not sure if that would have seen anything if it were there or if this could be in theory something new. I really hope it's just stress related - it's just the longer it continues the more worried I am getting (and stressed i become)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going crazy stuck in another country
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:42:45 AM »
I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to worry about :)

It could be just a difference in the food you're eating while over there
Bookmark and Share

Offline roulolox

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »
I sometimes have flatter BM or rectangular shape BM. I am sure it is due to stress. If you would have a large mass, the scan would have seen it. The chance you get colon cancer at your age with no genetic problems in your family is zero (or slightly smaller than the chance to be hitten by an Asteroid. Well if you fear this, we can talk ;) ).
Bookmark and Share

Online Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »
I had flat, pencil think stools and a plethora of other symptoms. I had my first colonoscopy at 33 last year and everything was perfect. Stress and diet can cause this.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline cravenmobile

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »
I remember when I was in BMT none of us could use the bathroom for a week. But once we were able to relax a bit, everything went back to normal. What I'm saying is that stress can mess the whole system up and just relaxing, getting out to see that country and make it feel more normal to you may help a lot with the anxiety you are feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: