Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this Fibro, Anxiety or what  (Read 548 times)

Offline arib

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this Fibro, Anxiety or what
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »
I have a doctors appointment at the the end of this month and every single day I'm having some sort of stinging pain and today my left foot had a weird warm sensation in the hell of my left foot only. My fingers hurt I'm 19 is this fibro anxiety what? I cry every night because these pains are so annoying an I just want to be normal again. I've been worrying about my health err since these pains have been happening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this Fibro, Anxiety or what
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:18:56 AM »
I have a doctors appointment at the the end of this month and every single day I'm having some sort of stinging pain and today my left foot had a weird warm sensation in the hell of my left foot only. My fingers hurt I'm 19 is this fibro anxiety what? I cry every night because these pains are so annoying an I just want to be normal again. I've been worrying about my health err since these pains have been happening.

You are here because you must have an inkling that you have an anxiety problem.  That's good.  Many people are about your age when they have the first real full blown attack with bad physical symptoms.  I posted this in response to  Fibro being curable in another post.  Do not do what I did at your age: ignore the fact or idea that you have an anxiety illness.  Eventually, especially so young, you will get caught back up in the things of life and these horrible symptoms will fade, only to reappear down the line -- either different symptoms or the same.  Learn about how to recognize anxiety/depression and how to change your thinking. That is the long-term cure.   Read below with an open mind...

Fibromyalgia is a "disease" of exclusion.  I put "disease" in quotes, because there is no pathogen or scientifically proven cause to Fibro.  Fibro has existed under various names for as long as people have lived; at one time it was called "Fibrosis", for example, in the early to mid 20th Century.

Critics of this idea will point to scans in the brain which show abnormal activity in the Fibro effected areas of the body, and hold this out that Fibro is an organic disease, but it is well known than all pain originates in the brain. This does not mean the pain is not real, but that the brain is the origin of Fibro. 

Why?

Just as why some people with limb amputations get "phantom limb" pain, (which shows up in the areas of the brain nearest the location of where the amputated limp would be), it is not clearly known.  What is known, however, and has been known but unable to be proven until recently, is that the brain is plastic.  This means that for whatever reason the brain switches on the painful areas, it can also turn the switch off. But... the cause of the switching, be it anxiety/depression and/or daily stresses and the reactions to the same must be addressed, through medication sometimes and always by re-thinking how one reacts and deals and lives --- or chooses not to live-- with that stress and anxiety and/or depression.  This is not an overnight cure, but takes time to change your thinking.  And many Fibro patients have become afraid of their symptoms, and the fear of the symptoms magnifies the symptoms and slowly creates a smaller and smaller life for the person which causes further stress and anxiety. It can be a vicious circle. 

This is a long about way of saying that Fibro can be cured, but it is a journey for the brave.  It can be cured because the symptoms of an anxiety illness, which Fibro most certainly is, was never diagnosed properly.  Wrong dx, wrong cure.   Resuming life, being self-led and not symptom led, changing insecure thoughts (this will never go away) for secure thoughts (the symptoms are distressing; they hurt; but they are not dangerous) and peer support of some type are a few ways to begin the change.  It doe not matter how long you have had it, because you may be "helpless" but not "hopeless". 

I suggest googling Abraham Low MD.  Read and re-read his books.  Participate in Recovery International online or in person, and do not let fear be your jailor.

Been there.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: