Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: New to Anxiety Zone  (Read 120 times)

Offline MLAE1216

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to Anxiety Zone
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
I have been lurking for quite a few weeks now and decided it was time for me to become a member and get some support.  I am a 32 year old female.  I have always had slight health anxiety but over the past two months it has become extreme.  Headache that brought me to the ER and had CT and MRI.  Then countless lab test.  In the past two months I have convinced myself I have every type of cancer.  Currently I have a chest pressure/sensation mid chest between my breasts.  It comes and goes, gets worse when lifting my kids but I also feel it when not moving.  I had an EKG which was normal.  Now I am convinced I have a tumor.  I know realistically I don't and that it is probably a strained muscle but it is just not getting better.
I started seeing a therapist a month ago, have been on Zoloft for a few years, just increased the dose.  My anxiety is getting worse with every symptom I feel.  I tried to start meditation a week ago but how can you meditate when you are feeling chest pressure?  I take Xanax now and then which helps a little but doesn't take away the physical symptoms.  I have two young kids and feel like the anxiety is taking over my life. I just want to feel normal again and not obsess over every symptom and think I am dying! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to Anxiety Zone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »
I know how you feel-its really scarey worrying about death every day.  I didnt get ha till i was 62-so i am in the age bracket where cancer is pretty common.  I do admit i worry about it way to much.  I get all my health screenings done-and much more due to fear of cancer. I wish i could take my sons advice and enjoy the time i do have-and not worry unless i need to.  My daughter is a doctor and i try not to let her know how much i fear cancer and death-she would think i had gone crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: