Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Abnormal stomach symptoms coming off of Prilosec- stomach cancer?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline john55

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abnormal stomach symptoms coming off of Prilosec- stomach cancer?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »
they didnt update because they realized they were ok. your stomach sounds just fine. getting better pretty much means that its nothing serious. serious things keep getting worse and usually very quickly before we can even come to these forums and ask for help:) for instance the pancreas thing keeps getting worse and worse like to the point where you are passing out from flu like symptoms. it never feels better for one second.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
I was on Prilosec for 2 years and I started bringing myself off of it. I was taking one pill per 24 hours, then cut it back to twice a week and now I haven't been on it for over a month. My stomach feels upset sometimes, I get weird pains that come and go, but I think its just my digestive tract returning back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredofsymptoms

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »
Wanted to provide an update to hopefully provide relief to everyone with weird random stomach concerns since mine were all over the place (see above). Just had my endoscopy this morning and it was a BREEZE! My throat isn't sore and the "twilight sleep" anesthesia with propofol is the best sleep ever- no real grogginess afterwards.

The doctor said I had acid reflux after all with mild gastritis and 2 stomach polyps (2mm in size- super tiny and not the cause of any of my pain- just found incidentally). Have to wait a few days for biopsy to confirm but doctor was 99% sure they are benign in nature and don't indicate future chances of getting any type of stomach cancer.

I was planning my funeral last week with all the anxiety and stress and I was 200% convinced I had stage 4 stomach cancer. I just want everyone to take a step back and realize we do this to ourselves. I am going to be looking into a low dose of Xanax going forward.
Bookmark and Share