Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anime,games and effects on anxiety?  (Read 205 times)

Offline Marna112

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anime,games and effects on anxiety?
« on: January 04, 2014, 06:24:30 AM »
3 years ago ,after playing games 5 hours long,I suffered from panic attack.At that time I played mostly Japanese RPG games with fantasy like Suikoden,Wild ARMs,Eternal Sonata and similar.Now,after 3 years I still feel like I have some kind of problems,but Im not quite sure its anxiety or something else.However when I play video games I feel like Im losing my self in virutal world - I seem to take all things I do too seriously.When I play game,Im feeling fine,but when I am about to finish it,instead of feeling succesful,I feel depressed and I lose interest in life.And I feel the same thing about anime-when I watch episodes Im feeling great,but when they are about to end ,I feel so empty and sad.I dont know what is my problem...can anyone help? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ArKano22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anime,games and effects on anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:06:38 AM »
Hi, I experience a similar thing to what you are describing. When watching a movie, playing a game or reading a book, I feel great at the beginning. Maybe itīs the thought of having most of it ahead of me, but when the end approaches i feel sad. So when iīm feeling bad i tend to watch incredibly long animes (those i know thereīs no way iīm gonna finish before my mood improves lol).

Itīs a natural thing, i think. However some people are more sensitive to it than others. Maybe the problem is that you develop some kind of emotional attachment to the characters in those stories, and the end of the story means this attachment will have to be broken.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Marna112

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anime,games and effects on anxiety?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:34:47 AM »
thats exactly what I try to do.If its 12 episode long,I tend to watch 26 or something like that.Thanks for your reply,it makes me feel better that im not the only one like this.Is it possible to get lost in virtuality?
Bookmark and Share