Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Heart palps continuing.. need advice  (Read 159 times)

Offline shelly1979

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart palps continuing.. need advice
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:39:21 AM »
I seriously need some advice.  I just posted about three days ago how I woke up with anxiety and heart palps. I do realize that when I eat dairy/cheese that I get rapid heart rate. And here lately, I've been afraid to eat anything. But, I have been eating more. I haven't had any form of anxiety at all but I still have the heart palps.  Now, I was in the ER three months ago and everything checked out fine.  I'm just confused. I don't know what's going on.  I don't get how I don't have anxiety but am having hear palps......
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart palps continuing.. need advice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:09:49 AM »
You don't have to have the anxiety to have the symptoms. This has happened to many people. I am surprised your doctor didn't suggest a beta blocker. Normal form of medication for such things. Maybe if you check out you tube and watch a few deep breathing exercises videos and try and learn from them. Learn how to control your breathing and your own heart. It might help you out. Loads of videos to watch over there. Just have to practice what you see in the videos.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline scox

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:58:57 AM »
I have some experience in this area as do others.  Beta blocker is effective, although difficult to wean yourself off of once your on it.  Believe it or not, dehydration
can also be associated with increased heart palpations, my Blood tests seem to show low BUN levels at the time of my increase palpations.  I would always make it
a point to have your primary care involved as he may want a better diagnosis.  24 hour heart monitors are at time utilized to determine weather palpations are PVC or more atrial in nature. 

sc
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
I get anxious when my heart skips, flutters, gets rapid rate too.  I have learned that this is an extremely common occurrence in the human heart and some of us are much more tuned into this sensation.  It's more about the timing between the heartbeats and does not mean you have a problem with your heart.  It can be caused by a multitude of things and most of the time can't be pinned down.  Diet and hydration can certainly effect us so that can be a possibility.  Keep reminding yourself that it is a temporary phenomenon and the doctor said it is not a problem.  Too much chocolate/ sugar can trigger it for me.  Take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline shelly1979

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:05:40 PM »
i do appreciate everyone's feedback. it truly does help me. 

this is my 3rd/4th day of not feeling so good. i know i've been extremely anxious over the fast heart beat.. i mean, it's hard not to think about it. but today, i felt fine for a few hours. then i got hungry and had some wheat crackers with organic peanut butter... let me tell you, that was awful. instantly, i got more of the heart thing and extremely gassy to where my stomach still hasnt stopped hurting. been talking to some friends and they referred me to see a doctor for allergy tests. so that is my next step. along with maybe some reiki therapy to help me calm down. ill let everyone know what i find out.. thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: