Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, hope i am in the right place.  (Read 170 times)

Offline g.freeman

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, hope i am in the right place.
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:39:04 AM »
Hello, my name is Gordon, i am from Romania, almost 26 now. I have been doing blood work and abdominal ecography to be sure there is nothing wrong with me, because generally i feel ill, like something is going to fail in me, or i am going to have a seizure of somekind. The tests that i did are ok, but i have symptoms like feeling i am going to faint, racing heart and palpitations, feeling dizzy, slow mind, sometimes nausea, in the morning my stomack is out whack, almost everytime i get this bad, weak like feeling the stomach starts making strange noises (no serious pain thank god). Stools seem ok, i have not observerd any blood. I am desperate, i am thinking about having something serious in my head so i am thinking of an MRI, but am afraid to do that because i have heard that the contrasting substance injected can be dangerous. I am also thinking i am having something serious with my digestive system altough my gastro-enterologyst says that the symptoms are most likely anxiety related. I even started seeing a shrink, as recommended, who tells me to practice jogging and especially swiming cause emotions are causing my anxiety (very hard to believe for me). I am desperate, anyone having these strange things like me?
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, hope i am in the right place.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:57:33 AM »
Hi Gordon,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

What you describe as your symptoms are very much normal to people who suffer from anxiety.  The nature of the anxiety is to doubt that we are okay and to even doubt the doctors and the tests we have had.  However there comes a point when you just have to trust in your doctors, believe in yourself, and accept that what you have is anxiety.  Yes anxiety alone can cause all these horrible and very real physical symptoms.  Once you are able to accept that it is no more than anxiety then you will likely find relief from the symptoms.  I hope you find the information and support you are looking for here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline g.freeman

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:22:13 AM »
Thanks, now i read an article about radioactive tuna, and i eat/ate a lot of tuna, altough maybe it's stupid to suspect radioactive poisoning. I also have some minor tenions, 2 second aches in the back of my head, no high pain or anything, thank god. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CammyCam

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »
Hey I'm Cam,

A lot of your symptoms sound like classic anxiety symptoms. I get racing heart, palpitations, headache, tight throat, trouble swallowing or breathing and nausea (and that's just a few of my symptoms!) the more I worry there is something wrong... The worse my symptoms get. It's the worst so I understand how you feel.

You're in the right place :) We all know how you feel.

Cam.
Bookmark and Share
I didn't want normal until I didn't have it anymore....

Tags: