Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: anyone diagnoised with feared health issues  (Read 294 times)

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone diagnoised with feared health issues
« on: January 04, 2014, 01:07:35 AM »
Is there anyone out there that actually had your feared  issue actually diagnoised?  Havent seen anything mentioned on the forum.  Maybe if it happens-people dont come back to let us know.  Just curious-

Bookmark and Share

Offline Koth1989

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone diagnoised with feared health issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 02:08:17 AM »
ENTIRE BOARD CHECKS IN TO SAY "No, but I am definitely going to be diagnosed with mine next week"

lol

Seriously though, I think most people would come back... And either be pissed that everyone said they were fine, or to warn other people.  IDK..  I feel like people would come back to give the bad news.
Bookmark and Share

Online livelaughlove

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:57:43 AM »
well for me all my testing pretty much always comes back irregular but not enough to amount to anything, which is quite frustrating. SO i pretty much just give up. It's actually kind of comical, how almost all my testing always comes back equivocal (meaning not yes and not no) or just slightly out of range, or indicative of many things but still non-specific. I think for people like me it is nothing serious to worry about, but enough to give you daily discomfort but if you can figure out a natural healthy way to manage you will be alright... it's pretty much a waste to go to doctors because they have no answers, unless you want meds prescribed to you like painkillers or anxiety.... for me, i prefer healing myself through natural methods without medicine (unless it was something serious like Cancer, then you need modern meds). I work in the medical field and I see this every day.... i often wonder if i am in the beginning stages of some autoimmune type thing (on average... it takes about 7-10 years before diagnosis reached in my experience after questioning 100s of patients)... but still, i think who the heck cares? Cause after you get the diagnosis, what are you gonna do then? Isn't the whole goal to just do something to feel better? Or is it something more sinister, such as attention-seeking behaviour, the woe is me behaviour, the I need pity behaviour, the playing the victim behaviour, etc. For me, I just like to know that i am right. I get a high off of being correct and being able to figure something out. It's kind of funny, as i work in the medical field, and when i see patients i diagnose thousands of people and i am correct (i am not a doctor... but when i talk to someone i come up with a diagnosis in my head and 9 times out of 10 when their testing comes back i am right, and if im not right, im in the ball park). Yet I am failing at diagnosing myself. That has to be because nothing is there to be diagnosed! I guess it's just because i want answers for why my testing always comes back irregular, but i guess the answers are just not there because nothing is wrong and maybe i am just an irregular person, and the norm for me is actually the abnormal for everyone else. Deep thoughts lol
Bookmark and Share

Online livelaughlove

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 05:20:31 AM »
as far as abnormal testing, listen to this list: salmonella equivocal (meaning they can't tell positive or negative) but doesn't matter cause your body naturally clears it in 6 weeks without meds... that was back when i was sick as a dog! I actually did have an amoeba i got while on vacation in mexico years ago, that wasn't fun, but easy fix, take metronidazole and you are fine. Chest pain: chest xray normal, EKG abnormal = left ventricular hypertrophy... so then i get US/Stress test and normal and no signs of hypertrophy. So then i get upper endoscopy and entire duodenum (small bowel) granular.... biopsy shows duodenal lymphocytosis and crypt hyperplasia. That finding is really rare, and if you get that finding, it means: celiac disease, small bowel bacterial overgrowth, NSAID overusage, H pylori, systemic autoimmune disorder like MS, RA, and hashimoto, etc, also has been found in any type disorder that disrupts normal bowel motility, such as epilepsy. So, i don't use NSAIDS, negative H pylori, get genetic celiac test (expensive the good test) done and negative celiac... thyroid panels and autoimmune panels for graves, hashimoto, lupus, etc all normal and normal ANA.... so the only thing left is SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) so i get lactulose breath test and it comes back "suggestive of SIBO due to double peak hydrogen counts" so  then that means that for some reason normal bacteria that lives in the colon is being pushed up into the small bowel where it can overgrow for an abnormal reason.... being that i have had no other health problems or surgeries, etc that must mean i am experiencing a motility issue of the intestines and i think my autonomic nervous system is not communicating properly to tell my intestines to flow properly for some reason. Oh.. forgot to mention... i also get joint pains and a lot of aching.... so i get my rheumatoid factor checked and it comes back high but just barely high at 20.2... repeat check was normal. DOc says no RA because ANA is negative. THe other thing, for the past year, my kidney functions have been off and i keep being told i am prob just dehydrated, but i do not agree, as i drink well over 64 oz of fluids a day, and eat a lot of vegetables, but i do urinate a lot, so i guess i lose fluids in that matter. I am 35 and healthy. For the past 7 months, i have been experiencing muscle twitching.... go to neurologist and EMG is normal, but he orders MRI because that is the protocol.... i haven't talked to him yet.... but i did see my results becasue i have access and i have DVA of left temporal lobe... which is nothing, though can cause hemifacial spasm and seizures... and i actually did have a seizure when i was 19, eyes rolling back in head and arms flailing about.... though never had another one... but i do get migraines with aura about 3-5 times a year and with the twiching i wonder if it is partial simple seizures causing headaches...and if he does say some mild form of epilepsy i would get meds and that would prob fix the SIBO (bacterial overgrwoth) problem becasue then my brain would tell my intestines to have regular contractions.... DVAs are only found in like 3% of the population..... but as you see, all this testing, everything non-specific, yet can mean something but usually never does. Oh, the other abnormal thing, every time i get labs done my neutrophils are always low and my lymphocytes are always high... but since WBC count is always normal then that means like nothing, i even wondered if it was a mild cyclic neutropenia but never really asked anyone... even if so, nothing would be done about it because it would be so mild. So you see, i can get fancy testing because i have connections but does it ever amount to anything? the answer is no. It only adds more confusion to the puzzle. So what the heck is the point? Why? I do not understand why i obsess over this stuff, and i am not worried or anxious, but i think i do testing because it is for the high, for the high of being correct and proving i am smarter than the doctors, to be like "haha i told you so.... i am brilliant"....so i know there is something not right with me in that matter, some type of personality type problem, i just like that feeling i get when i am correct, i am a real perfectionist. It's gotta be some weird OCD type thing or something.
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »
I wasn't diagnosed with colon cancer but I did have a bleeding 4 cm polyp at the age of 22. I did not have mini strokes or ms but i did have chiari malformation. So according to others I would have had hemorrhoids. Even m doctor said that was what she thought it was. So sometimes we truly can have a medical problem but it doesn't mean it is sinister or deadly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 10:39:45 AM »
My issues were not my feared ones, but I had an esophageal ulcer in June in 2005 and a basal cell
carcinoma in 2008.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
marc, how old are you? Basal cell carcinoma seems kind of rare for someone younger than 50 (20-something here).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: