Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: new member with anxiety  (Read 107 times)

Offline crissy212002

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new member with anxiety
« on: January 04, 2014, 01:00:54 AM »
Hello. My name is christy and i am 27 years old. I started haveing anxiety attacks about 9 months ago when my husband daughter and myself moved in with my parents to help out. 3 drs have told me its anxiety. I have had blood test and ekg's done but i still panic and worry daily that i am going to have a heart attack or if i get a headache i worry that something is wrong with my brain so i believe i am becoming a hyprocondriac. It seems to be getting worse instead of better. I do not take any meds right now cause i am scared of anti depressants. I really need some help
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new member with anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:47:24 AM »
Hi crissy,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Like you I have health anxiety and I have worried about my heart constantly for 8 plus years.  Only recently have I found some peace with my panic and anxiety.  I have been in therapy for years, but it is using the technique of acceptance that I have found the greatest relief.  Accepting that what I feel is only anxiety and nothing more has helped me immensely to not fight and once I don't fight the anxiety and panic fade.  It is a hard road to find what works for you, but it can be done and above all believe in yourself and trust the doctors.  I hope you find the information and support you are looking for here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline crissy212002

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new member with anxiety
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:03:02 AM »
Thank you so much. It helps alot to know there are others who understand what i am going through because alot of people dont understand at all. It is very scary and aggrivating as well because i know its anxiety but yet when i have bad attacks i still fear it is my heart. I never realized there are so many symptoms to anxiety as well.
Bookmark and Share
Crissy212002

Tags: