Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This flu is NOT helping!  (Read 181 times)

Offline liza9560

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This flu is NOT helping!
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:37 AM »
Ok.  I need a more positive emoticon to balance out the angry one up there...  :spineyes:  There.  Very kooky, indeed!

So, I'm getting over a respiratory infection, and today was a very tough day for me and my anxiety/depression.  I am at home, for the fourth day in a row... I left the house to take out the trash. :P  Stir-crazy, to say the least.

In my trying to heal and progress and put a stop to this anxiety wonkiness, I am trying to distance myself from my best friend/wannabe boyfriend/stress trigger.  I am very sad over this; I basically broke up with him (even tho we were not dating it was still a break-up).  He is the person I most want to run to when I feel low, and right now I am trying not to do that.  It is hard, and I spent today crying about that and missing him.

But the dang flu and its symptoms have exacerbated things, for sure.  The difficulty breathing, the coughing, the aching head, the dizziness here and there--they are all perfectly normal flu symptoms, and just enough to make a crazy person wanna snap.  I don't need help being crazy!  Double  :spineyes:  :spineyes: Ha!

So, I have to remind myself that these are just my illness, not my body breaking down...and it's ok to be sad over my buddy, and I'll be ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: This flu is NOT helping!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:06:11 AM »
The flu can knock anybody for six. It can put you right off. I had it just before Christmas. But as for this bloke. Maybe he was like your safety blanket. Maybe you came to depend on him so much. That is why it is so hard not having him around. That happens to a lot of people. They have certain things they depend on. Things that can raise their spirits and calm them down. It could be a person. It could be food. Could be music. Take that away and they are at a loss to begin with. Time to look for something to replace the bloke with. A hobby or something you might have always wanted to do. Just to stop you thinking inwardly. Put your mind on something else.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline liza9560

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This flu is NOT helping!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 02:17:13 AM »
Thanks, Cuchculan.  I think you're very right about the bloke.  I got out of the house today, and spent it with my brother and some good friends.  Nothing too strenuous, but it was nice.  Time will be the healer of the lost safety blanket issue. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: