Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: blood on stool ... trying not to panic  (Read 376 times)

Offline olethros

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
blood on stool ... trying not to panic
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »
So i've been having digestive issues since last February (I've described them all in other posts so won't go into it here). I had noticed a little blood then, but they did a bunch of tests - blood, urine, stool, endoscopy and abdominal ultrasound - all of which were fine. I hadn't really noticed blood again for a good while but then today I went and notice a few small spots of red blood on the outside of the stool. Now I'm all freaked out and keep playing the diagnosis of cancer again and again in my mind. I think there's a good chance it's hemorrhoids because just last night I was feeling some itchiness down there and had been a little constipated, and then today i went kind of fast but I just don't know. I can't go to see a doc until Monday as it's a holiday here in Japan where I live. I'm going to get a colonoscopy scheduled. Really don't want to but I won't have peace until I know... just so worried they'll do it and I'll be one of those rare people who gets colon cancer at 30... just so worried....  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Poke This Member
Re: blood on stool ... trying not to panic
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
I just keep playing it in my mind - going to the doc, getting the colonoscopy, and hearing them say I have cancer. I know it's silly, but I just can't shake that thought/fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:22:23 AM »
Ok so the fact you noticed blood on the stool is a good sign was it bright red or brown blood? I'm no doctor but u probs have a pile if you have been a little constipated or have strain you could have a internal pile which
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:25:26 AM »
Sorry posted by mistake - it's easy to get irrated I have external which are easier to diagnose because you can see them. If the blood is brown or in your stool that's a sign something more sinister is happening. Red or something even a dull blood on your stool is most likely to be piles! I freaked when I found a lump in that area but I know what they are now and are so common especially people who have anxiety because if u struggle with going etc they can appear. Don't worry! Try maybe getting some anusol cream it's brilliant and reliefs any pain
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
Gemmaa, thanks a lot for your reply. You know, this isn't actually the first time I've had blood. I remember a time like 7 years ago that I had some and I freaked out then and had my wife look at it even. It was only a little bit, and although this time was a little different it's very much the same consistency of what that was. The only difference is that now I've got some bowel issues, but I rarely ever have any blood. I mean the last time I saw some was months ago, maybe as many as 8 or so I don't even remember exactly. So I'm thinking about not going through with the colonoscopy thing. I mean I want to be responsible but I know I don't really have any obvious symptoms and I have been tested, just not with a colonoscopy. The likelihood that I, at 30, after being through a variety of tests, having had at least 3 stool samples in the last 3-4 years which have all been fine, not to mention blood tests and other things, have something serious ... it's just not reasonable and I know it's the HA talking. I mean I should probably keep an eye on it but I think my best bet is to try to exercise, drink lots of water, and stop letting fear control things. That's hard for me, but I suppose it has to start somewhere.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:40:44 AM »
I'm sure you thought of this but make sure its not tomato skin or red pepper - both can look like blood.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
It's ok I agree with pp I regular inspect not so pleasant lol but depending on what you eat like red pepper can be mistaken to be blood. I've never suffered with bowel problems as such constipation but nothing serious and it only happened when I was pregnant which is when I got the piles. I can understand you are concerned I suffer from ha and I know how hard it is even when you can rationalise your thoughts. We can reassure you as much as you can but you do what you need to do to get peice of mind :) I wouldn't of thought what you described as anything serious at all. Maybe keep an eye on it and if it continues see the doctor and he will check you over. Hope you feel better soon I wrote in another post I find reading very relaxing past few days I've not had many moments from my anxiety cecause my mind it occupied you can try it? Gemma
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 09:22:04 AM »
The odds of colon cancer at 30 are extremely remote. Odds are the blood you saw is from
non-cancerous causes.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »
Well friends, here we are again. I have had a colonoscopy and you have had abdominal ultrasound and we still both think we have colon cancer. And just a year later. I am just worried a polyp is back and it is cancer. And I am only 23. I was almost like you. I went to the bathroom really fast and noticed a couple drops on the stool. Ugh i hate this as well. Just know you aren't alone
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
Thanks everyone ... my HA this last year has really been worse than ever before, because of the fact that I actually have symptoms. I mean I know symptoms don't always or even usually mean cancer, especially at my age, but that's how it goes in my mind. If it's just the weird bowel stuff, I'm fine usually. But if something like blood shows up at all, my head just goes spinning in all directions. I'm still thinking about not going back to the doc. I don't want to be irresponsible but I also don't want to feed the HA...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: