Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood Pressure Scare *Please Help*  (Read 243 times)

Offline sam205

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood Pressure Scare *Please Help*
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »
Hi i am a 14 year old male and ive been having chest paing for around a month now and it came out of nowhere. I did everytest for heart and lung and it turned out to be anxiety. Like 2 hours ago i felt like i was about to have an attack but i didnt reach the full peak cause i calmed down quickly. But i just took my blood pressure in my left arm and it was 147 over 82 and my right arm was 139 over 81. After the first one i got scared and my heart rate speed up. I also have been having mild headaches for the past 2 or so hours. Does almost having an anxiety attack cause increase of blood pressure and cause headaches. Since im still young and im pretty healthy. Im actually almost underweight and just barely in the normal zone. Also ive had 2 weeks off school and i barely did any activiies so would that contribute to it. Please help because this really scared me.
Thank you so much for any help you give me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sky3942

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood Pressure Scare *Please Help*
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »
Thats good B/P for a panic attack. I see your only 14 I started with panic around 8 but focused on health at 13. I know it can be hard dealing with anxiety at your age, but you are fine. Just try to realize it is a panic attack and not a heart attack. So put down that blood pressure cuff or electronic B/P cuff and relax and try to be a 14 year old.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sam205

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »
Thats good B/P for a panic attack. I see your only 14 I started with panic around 8 but focused on health at 13. I know it can be hard dealing with anxiety at your age, but you are fine. Just try to realize it is a panic attack and not a heart attack. So put down that blood pressure cuff or electronic B/P cuff and relax and try to be a 14 year old.
But I don't think I had a full anxiety attack. My heart rate just started increasing and I felt a state of pains but I calmed down right away. That was 2 hours before I checked my blood pressure and I keep wanting to check since I think it was pretty high blood pressure for the top number atleast
Bookmark and Share

Offline sky3942

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
 No that is not a high number  for a heart attack not even close. When you continue to take your B/P over and over again your not allowing your blood flow to go back to normal to get a accurate pressure. Also blood pressure fluctuates up and down all day, it is never a constant number. The chest pain can be a number of other things like gas, reflux pain, and anxiety so don't worry I think your fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:12 AM »
What do you mean "you did every test for heart/lung"?  Did a doctor do them or did you Google it?

Have your mother make an appointment with a doctor and get checked out and when he tells you that you're fine, believe him and go out an enjoy your life.  14 is too young to start down the road of health anxiety unless a qualified medical professional tells you otherwise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
I would not take your own blood pressure unless your doctor said to do so, as this
causes unnecessary stress. I would discuss any concerns with your doctor.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline sam205

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
What do you mean "you did every test for heart/lung"?  Did a doctor do them or did you Google it?

Have your mother make an appointment with a doctor and get checked out and when he tells you that you're fine, believe him and go out an enjoy your life.  14 is too young to start down the road of health anxiety unless a qualified medical professional tells you otherwise.
I did all types at doctors and cardiologists like chest X-rays, EKGs,and ECGs.
I just went to the doctor and she told me my chest pain  is muscle skeletal pain and it's 99.99% anxiety. They also did every blood test to check everything. All these tests came out normal but I still get constant chest pains and the first panic attack came out of nowhere since I wasn't stressed or anything. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Koth1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »
Bro, I get random chest pains all the time. Been that way for years. Sometimes even on the left side that shoot down my arm. Happens usually when I'm anxious about something but sometimes randomly. No big. I know for a hypo, a boring explanation doesn't help, but for real, you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: