Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Uterus cancer worries  (Read 284 times)

Offline anxious.m123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Uterus cancer worries
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »
Hello,

I'm 20 years old and ever since I started my periods around the age of 11, I have had irregular cycles lasting from 23-40 days. However I have never missed a period. 2 months ago my period came exactly on the 28th day but it only lasted for 2 days and then 12 days later my period came again properly. about 3 weeks after that, I noticed a dark vaginal discharge as a small spot in the centre of my underwear. And then my period didn't come the following week and hasn't till now, making it 3 weeks late.
I have read that 95% of spotting cases turn out to be uterus cancer and I am extremely worried!!!!!

I have been losing weight for the past 6 months intentionally, however I was never overweight and have only lost about 8 kilos those past 6 months and my periods have always been coming up till now. I recently started weight lifting around 3 months ago and I thought that might be the reason why my period is missing until I read about the uterus cancer!

Please help. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 28
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Uterus cancer worries
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
I have read that 95% of spotting cases turn out to be uterus cancer and I am extremely worried!!!!!

Where in the world did you read that??  That number isn't accurate at all.  If anything, it's the other way around.. ESPECIALLY in a 20 year old...

Women have cycle irregularities quite often.  Hormones can fluctuate.  You have been losing weight and started a new exercise program this is enough to cause your cycle to change.  The weight loss and exercise have cause your body to change the way it regulates hormones, causing the spotting and wacky period.

Stop reading about uterine cancer on Google.  That will serve no purpose, other than to further your anxiety. 
Even if you called a GYN and asked a nurse...she'd tell you that they don't even begin to investigate spotting until it's gone on for more than 3 cycles in a row...and even then (in a 20 year old)...there are a million other causes, besides cancer.

I've had GYN issues since I was a teenager.  I've had every symptom you could imagine.  I don't have cancer and neither do you.

Focus your energy on being healthy.  Mind and Body.  You are going to be fine, I promise :)
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline tiredoflivinginfear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

Nope. The other way around.

At 20, you're largely "invincible". The scares get really serious when you hit 40 and you can no longer hide behind the "age advantage". Hitting 40 was horrible for me. You're only 20 so you will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sky3942

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »
The brown is called residual blood, old blood left in the uterus after your period. If your so worried get a good checkup from you gyno. And I agree with the others your hormones may be a little wacked our right now, your gyno can help you figure it our so don't  worry.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: