Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm going blind I know it help please  (Read 235 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I'm going blind I know it help please
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/giant-cell-arteritis-temporal-arteritis-leaflet

I swear I have this and I'm 26 year old male I am not the age group but it's either this or a brain tumor

I have been having wierd on and off headaches , wierd light face muscle pains and my eyes have felt heavy like I was going blind a few nights ago no joke it's that or a brain tumor my neck on left side is killing me my nose hurts around it someone help me
Bookmark and Share

Offline tiredoflivinginfear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm going blind I know it help please
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:41 PM »
My advice is "go to the drs. and have them test you out of your fear, with 100% certainty".

For me nothing else works, unfortunately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCWest

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Valley - you and I have been on this site a while, I think we probably joined around the same time.

I can tell you, you are NOT going blind. Everything you listed is very common and I had all the same symptoms multiple times this week.

I have a friend of a friend who IS going blind from a very rare, genetic condition - he KNEW something was wrong. You are fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
All of the symptoms associated with that could also be cause by sinus or allergies.

That's the curse of ha we always assume we have the most deadly or life changing disease we can find while searching online. Saying is HAS to either be this or a brain tumour proves that you've unwittingly fallen into that trap yourself. Possibly without even realising (I'm not judging! I've some that a few times myself :p)

If you're really worried I would see a gp so they can check your sinuses etc. There are many other things that would be much more likely (and benign) that vague symptoms such as that could be :) your sore neck could be tension from worrying about your symptoms.

You're ok :) take a breath and try to think what you'd say to a friend if they came to you with the same symptoms and had reached the same conclusion. Would you agree with them? Probably not :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
I had a wierd feeling of like blindness on and off the last few nights honestly it's wierd can it just be sinus
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »
Your sinuses are behind and around your eyes so if you're having problems with them they can cause weird feelings and sensations in your eyes :)

What symptoms are you having that make you feel like you're going blind?
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
Honestly just reading that article makes me think so ... My anxiety has been the roof lately I've lost weight been depressed and on another site that was symptoms of that blind disease I have to have something wrong with me
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
Those are all also anxiety symptoms. :)

Have you seen the list of symptoms that is at the top of the forum? If not, have a read thorough it. You'll be amazed just how many uncomfortable body sensations can be caused by anxiety.

Try not to google symptoms too. I know it can be hard but seriously googles algorithms don't always bring up the best match. Especially with health :p.

Those symptoms are so vague and then google brings up an article on some rare and obscure disease that causes blindness? :)

One example I personally know of that I've mentioned a few times on here is a friend who googled her twitching eyelid. Googles first match? Eyelid cancer... Not stress, not a tiny nerve that's just misfiring for a day or two. EYELID cancer.

I always remember than when I feel the urge to google and then realise it will probably only scare me if I give in to the urge :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: