Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tummy Trouble  (Read 401 times)

Offline n50plic

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Tummy Trouble
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
I'm not even going to look anything up online this time around because I have learned my lesson. However lately I've had this dull ache just below my right rib cage. I have been diagnosed with gerd and I've been eating like absolute crap lately but was wondering what I should do. It's been on and off for a few months now and it definitely seems worse the worse I eat. Does anyone out there have similar pain? I am going to the doc but just figured I'd ask cause it makes me feel better. Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ksteph

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tummy Trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »
Sometimes I have a dull pain in the same place, I think it's muscle related. I have had it for a while and that is my best guess. Hope you feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
It may be muscular related, your diet or stress.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
I'm thinking now that its diet and muscle related. I had to move something extremely heavy about a week ago maybe I'm feeling the effects now? I haven't really been eating at all and im still going fire in the bathroom. Maybe I need a few more days to get rid of all the crap I've been eating. Who knows. I am tempted to drive to the ER if I don't start feeling a little better today :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »
n50 - I've been dealing with discomfort in this area off and on for almost a year! I've had every test under the sun (clean ct scan and ultrasound, etc.) and everything has been normal. I just went back to my doc yesterday and he said he feels no swelling in this area. All of my blpodwork was also normal. My doc thinks it's muscular related as well. It's irritating but you are not alone!
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 02:08:54 PM »
Thanks for the comforting words. I go to the doc Tuesday to get all kinds of tests done. I know that I have so much anxiety that I am always tense and I can feel myself clenching my stomach. I also have twitching there now. I'm wondering if alot of my symptoms could be anxiety related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
I woke up this morning and I have definite pain in my sternum. More to the right. Now I'm freaking out. At this point I know something is going on im just praying that its gerd related or an ulcer or something not too serious. Making a doc apt today :'(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »
I have been having discomfort in my sternum area today too. It does suck. I'm thinking it's GERD, IBS, etc.

I don't see my GI doctor till the 28th. I just had normal blood work and a check up with my PCP.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 04:12:40 PM »
I'm literally freaking out right now. I'm contemplating driving to the e.r. I have burning gnawing pain in my sternum, pain in my right abdominal and now I have pain in my back where my kidney is. It's very hard to try and think good things when you feel like this. I called the doctor and they said earliest possible apt is a week from today. I'm not sure I can wait that long. I guess I'll give it one more night. If my symptoms subside a little bit then I'll wait for that apt. Otherwise it's off to the e.r. tomorrow. My work is affected, everything is affected, I'm a mess right now. I have no appetite at all and haven't eaten all day and I'm sure that's making whatever I have even worse! My hands are shaking as I type this sucks!!!  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
n50 - You are not alone. I am feeling many of the same feelings that you are feelings today. I just took a Zantac hoping it would help but I haven't gotten much relief yet. I don't suffer from many of the classic reflux pains but I have been diagnosed with signet reflux (LPR). Today I am getting a horrible gas/pressure like discomfort behind my sternum/breastbone. It sucks. :(

Hopefully this gets better for you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline n50plic

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
Thanks I know many feel the same and it is comforting. I feel slightly better so I will wait until next week I guess to see this doc. Maybe..... :/
Bookmark and Share

Tags: