Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HIV Worry Please Help  (Read 350 times)

Offline Seans1113

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HIV Worry Please Help
« on: January 03, 2014, 04:29:18 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm hoping I can get some sound advice and help from everyone on here. It's a bit of a long story so please bear with me.

I've been having a huge scare of contracting Hiv due to the symptoms I have been experiencing. Symptoms such as pain in the neck, joints, warm body/cold hands, dim eyesight, dry mouth, jaw pain, and waves of dizziness. The symptoms are not constant, and seem to change from one thing to another. For example if my neck is hurting, I do not experience dizziness.

The reason I am worried about HIV is due to an encounter around 3 months ago or so where I had unprotected oral sex performed on me by a girl I didn't really know. I have been worried sick since it happened but have yet to experience anything until now. I'm losing my mind thinking that it's HIV and I am going to get checked as soon as possible but I really would love some reassurance and help.

The wildcard factor is that I have all four wisdom teeth in, which I have heard could cause a few of the issues I am experiencing, and my dentist has advised me to take them out. Could this be the cause of all of this? I still want to get checked regardless but has anyone experienced or heard a similar case?

Also, I have not experienced any fever, although I do get hot flashes, chills, yet nothing has been above normal on a thermometer, and fever is supposedly the most common symptom of HIV.

Please I am just looking for a friend. My anxiety is driving me nuts. Thank you all for listening
Bookmark and Share

Offline Seans1113

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HIV Worry Please Help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »
Oh and just for the record incase it matters, I went in for a checkup/routine blood tests where my doctor took vials of blood for testing 8 weeks after the incident I mentioned above, and the results were 100% fine across the board. I know HIV testing is it's own thing but the 100% okay blood tests are probably a good sign right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brody108

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:15:23 PM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline Quetzal828

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:22:59 AM »
Go and get tested for HIV. It's a quick blood test and the results will be accurate if it's been 3 months since the encounter.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Koth1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:39 AM »
Man, i'm surprised you haven't done more research on HIV since you think you have it.  YOU CANNOT GET HIV FROM ORAL SEX, ESPECIALLY FROM RECEIVING IT.  Dude, you would LITERALLY be the first person EVER to get it this way.  It's about as close to impossible, physiologically speaking, as you can get to contracting this thing.  Oh, also, seroconversion doesn't take place 3 months later.  You're fine, you do not have HIV.  100% certain.  Impossible from the encounter you described.  IMPOSSIBLE.  Read that word again.

Acute HIV infection also has NO specific symptoms.  You're literally saying "I think I have HIV because I have chills" when chills are caused by 100000 other infections, too.  You probably have that brain eating amoeba everyone's talking about here.  Just kidding, you got some brain and... nevermind.  You're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
It is highly improbably to contract HIV in that way which is the first piece of good news.  Secondly your symptoms could be the result of a slew of things.  And thirdly,  enough time has passed since your encounter that if you had HIV it would show up in your system.  Go get tested for piece of mind.  You have options here... you can go to your doc and ask for the blood test, you can google local clinics that do rapid mouth swap tests for free, or you can go to your local pharmacy and purchase the Oraquick home HIV test (you swab your own mouth, wait like 20-30 mins and find out right away, I've read it is very accurate).  The second two options will give you peace of mind quicker.  I hope you take some action to get results so that you have peace of mind soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
Chances of getting HIV through receiving oral sex are low. Maybe if she had cut in her mouth or smth, but the thing is, you don't even know that girl has HIV. And if she does, chances of you getting it are low. So, relax and go test. While at it, test for Hepatitis B, and after that take a vaccine for Hep B since it's 10x easier to get that then HIV and like I said, you have a vaccine for that disease. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: