Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't keep on bicep muscles after working out disease? :(  (Read 233 times)

Offline arib

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't keep on bicep muscles after working out disease? :(
« on: January 03, 2014, 01:58:55 PM »
It started after I smoked weed for the first time and had a bad reaction to it. My friends thought I was going crazy and I thought my body was possessed. My heart was racing still days after the night I was smoking. I had diarrhea, and I couldn't even stay focused by looking at the tv. I felt put of body and I had lost some weight too. I AM SO SCARED. Did I get a disease or something what is this? I'm 19 years old nd a male. I have major HA now after this because of random body pains that I get in the afternoon. SOMEONE PLEASE PRAY/HELP ME. :( :( :traurig001:  I don't know what is going on. When I lift weights, my biceps doesn't even grow. Like, whenever I'm lifting, my arms will hurt for like 10 minutes then it'll just go away. I don't see any progress and I have these weird ankle pains that come and go and it's so scary. :sign0093: My mom also is going through the same thing, ankle pain wise. But she's most likely dealing with it better sine she works and I'm just sitting home dwelling on these problems. I don't seem to notice them when I'm out but it's always at the back of my mind. I get these little body jolts near my groin too and it's really scary.  :( :sad0141: :sad0125: Is this some disease or what?! Did anyone else go through these pains or something. Sorry for ranting
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't keep on bicep muscles after working out disease? :(
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »
I highly doubt you got a disease from smoking. :)

You're 19 so believe it or not the pain in your ankles etc could actually be growing pain. Some guys keep growing until their early 20s. The pain could also be because you're mostly sitting around and focussing on it is as well. The mind is very complex and I know I've had pain in an arm or a joint before for MONTHS - have finally caved and seen a doctor who says its completely fine and then on the way home the pain that's been haunting me mysteriously vanishes. :p

Now about putting on muscle, have you always been a pretty lean guy? If so you might just have a kind of body that has more wiry than bulky muscles. You just have to work with the shape you've got :) like of you're lifting try to do shorter reps with heavier weights. If you're doing longer sets with lighter weights that will tend to build longer leaner muscle.

You could up the protein in your diet before work outs to try and help build the muscle. Making sure you are eating a really balanced diet might help too.

I'm sure your ok though :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline arib

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Thanks.  :yes: I am a pretty lean/skinny guy and I hope these are growing pains though. Shoulder always hurts in the evening and night.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »
It could just be your natural shape then. You can sand the edges off that, but can't change what you naturally have.

Trust me - I'm a 26 yo woman with an hourglass shape - that sort of shape isn't really fashionable right now but I can't suddenly transform myself into a willowy dancers shape - even though I've tried hahaha!

I'm sure the pains are nothing to worry about :) shoulder pains can even be caused by bad posture or slouching when you sit. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Koth1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:21 PM »
I'm a personal trainer - send me a message! Biceps my growing is a disease known as JDS, or jacked deficiency syndrome. I can cure ya
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ponyroller

• Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »
a disease known as JDS, or jacked deficiency syndrome

Not to take away from the topic at hand but this made me LOL!! Thanks for the smile.

No real advice here except I agree sitting around thinking about the problem is likely doing you a lot more harm than good. There are TONS of things that can cause random body pains and the vast majority of them are not serious and either go away on their own or have an easy cure. But don't take it from strangers on the internet...go to your GP and get some peace of mind!
Bookmark and Share

Offline arib

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
I have an appointment this month and I am praying to the Lord Jesus Christ that everything is okay. Thanks though guys :]
Bookmark and Share

Tags: