Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety finding new focus  (Read 159 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety finding new focus
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:36 PM »
So I've been doing CBT exercises fairly regularly countering my negative thoughts and worries....which have been effective to improve my thinking patterns so far. But I find that the anxiety symptoms are present as ever. The nervous energy, or tension, or chest pressure, etc. Which I'm not really surprised about, as my psychiatrist told me it takes time for the other things to fall in line. The really annoying thing those is that the anxiety is settling on areas that didn't previously provoke anxiety. Healthy eating....I overthink eating. Worry worry if I don't have something healthy to eat or give myself a hard time if I choose something less healthy. The other one is cleaning. The lexapro really helped improve my motivation so I've been working hard cleaning the house. Yet now it feels like it's becoming compulsive. I intended to clean more so I have LESS to worry about and can enjoy a clean house. Oh well I guess everything has a process, just hate how areas of "healing" are themselves becoming an anxiety focus.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety finding new focus
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
Hi Melody, well your new anxiety provoking things are two things that have bugged me for the longest time. Healthy eating...is something I'm sure I do everyday, but I still have doubts and confusion surrounding it. House cleaning...I am literally a pro at it (in my twenties I was a housekeeper for a 25 room mansion, that was used for weddings, corporate retreats etc.). So, I know how to clean, and I love to organize, yet if I don't contribute some form of cleaning to my home everyday it gets on my nerves and makes me feel very anxious. I always seem to notice the dust balls that no one else can see.

I guess an anxious mind doesn't discriminate about when to be or what to be anxious about, so I wouldn't pay any mind to it, just carry on with improving yourself, sounds like you're doing great! :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: