Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New to this forum  (Read 89 times)

Offline octbaby

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to this forum
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:05:11 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I deal with anxiety and depression.  I was on Lexapro for about four weeks and had to change doctors since mine left. He changed me to Celexa. I'm not to happy about this but he said it is the sister drug and is cheaper since I do not have insurance at the moment. Has anyone taking Celexa? How did it work for you? It took me awhile to take the Lexapro because I do not want to be dependent on medication but I am tired of feeling this way. I have pretty much became a home body and really do not talk to my friends any more. I figured the only way to come out of this is to give the medicine a try. I'm not sure this is the right forum to join but I would love to hear all the input I can get. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to this forum
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
Hello octbaby and welcome to Anxiety Zone!

I do believe you have come to the right place. This community is all about sharing experience and mutual support. Your question could as well be put into 'Medication and therapy forum' where you might get more input to your specific question. As far as I know Lexapro is newer and Celexa a tad older, both very similar, Lexapro being sort of an 'offspring' of Celexa, does that make sense? I haven't taken any of them though.
Anyway, I suggest you might wanna post this in the mentioned forum and look around other sections/forums to find the ones you also have interest in. Feel free to post or start a new topic.
We also have some other features here, like Chat, which is open to all 18 years+ members or Wire, which is social network for our members.

Nice to have you aboard!
Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: