Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mouth again  (Read 215 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mouth again
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »
So I'm having a nightmare time with my mouth. Started out with a sore a few mOnths back and the pain went away an I forgot all about it.

I happened to brush my tongue along the area a couple of weeks ago and to my horror I could feel some sort of bump. Whatever I did irritated it and I ended up with the gum being sore and inflamed. Saw dentist who ds a bit Wing X-ray an said he suspected a chronic abscess.

Sent me for an opg which is a big X-ray and the dentist there said he could not see an abscess and that he thought he thing on my gum was just a healing canker sore. I also saw an emergency dentist inbetween who also said infecte canker sore.  Anyway it was healing up but I could still feel a tender 'bump' under the skin and last night I could not leave it alOne and was literally poking into it very hard and digging my nail into to for hours. Well today it turned into a big canker sore that was so painful.

I am at a loss. I am terrified it's oc. I know I caused the damage from last night but I'm so worried that these dentist are thinking canker sore and it's something more. I mean why else would it have been there so long? All I see are horror stories about dentist saying 'it's nothig' and then it's ca.

I was going to go to the dentist again tomorrow as I have to follow up the X-ray but now I don't know what I do as he is going to see what I have done. Also there is a part of me that I've made the ca worse which is know is irrational.

I am just so scared its oc. I am 33 and never smoked and barely drink. If I do it's like a glass of wine every couple of months!

But two people I read about were 34 and 35, women who didn't smoke or sink excessively.

The only thing I do read about them was that in both cases things change in terms of the lesions growing dramatically bigger and the others tooth went crooked. Whereas nothing has changed.

Please please please can I ask you to help rationalise this please? Also should igo to the dentist tomorrow or wait a couple of days?
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mouth again
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:17:07 AM »
No one???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mouth again
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:34 AM »
If you have seen a dentist and that's what they have said I would try relax. You prodding and poking it will just irrate the sore. It's most likely just swelled up from it been irrated. I have a lump on my gum line I was really worrying anyway turned out to be a extra bone don't know how but il accept the professionals prognosis and can forget about it. Try keep away from google because that won't help.  My mum told me something last night which is true if a professional was at all worried it's more than there jobs worth to send you away the fact 2 people have said it's a canker sore please stop thinking it's oc. Because it's 99.9% not. Yes there are rare cases of people getting something who don't smoke etc but that doesn't mean you will. Try relax stop googling and poking around just forget about it :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: