Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Do i have an issue with alcohol?  (Read 1093 times)

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do i have an issue with alcohol?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »
Too much sugar swirling around in my head, making mistakes. Oh well, I'll try again.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40:55 AM »
Model yourself after Sharon? Maybe with 50 lbs. less he could have averted his terrible fate.

So, goody, let's talk diet. 9 lbs. is not too hard to get rid of. Need to investigate kind of snacks. Chips? Sponge cake? Cookies? Rum? Good Lord, full of calories. Same for all those refreshments. We need a commitment to drinking, but not that kind, ha ha.

What might be acceptable snacks?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »
GenSec: very commendable that you were able to see your relationship with alcohol wasn't the healthiest option for you. Sounds like you're doing a great job so far taking care of yourself!
Bookmark and Share

Online GenSec

• Rec's: 54
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:20 PM »
Model yourself after Sharon? Maybe with 50 lbs. less he could have averted his terrible fate.

So, goody, let's talk diet. 9 lbs. is not too hard to get rid of. Need to investigate kind of snacks. Chips? Sponge cake? Cookies? Rum? Good Lord, full of calories. Same for all those refreshments. We need a commitment to drinking, but not that kind, ha ha.

What might be acceptable snacks?

Well, i'm 9 lbs over my usual weight... yet my usual weight isn't that ideal to begin with, lol. :-* I'd say that even at my 'normal' weight i'm 28 lbs over what i should be! So make that 9 lbs + 28 lbs and you get... :(

For most of my life i was thin, very thin... even underweight for years. Yet after depression and anxiety struck and i was put on beta blockers, its like my metabolism changed and i began to pile on the lbs. I'd like to be thin again like i used to be yet no matter what i try the weight won't shift once i reach my current 'normal' weight.

Yes, all of the above are the culprit snacks! Chips, sponge cake, muffins, cookies, chocolate bars... yet starting yesterday i've cut those all out entirely. When i want to snack i either have a bag of rice or some noodles... both are very filling yet very low in calories. In future, those are the only snacks i'll allow myself to partake of - not matter how tempting a bar of chocolate or a 4-pack of chocolate chip muffins may seem! :mad0228: :laugh3: Although maybe i should preserve those as a weekend treat to myself! ;D

GenSec: very commendable that you were able to see your relationship with alcohol wasn't the healthiest option for you. Sounds like you're doing a great job so far taking care of yourself!

Kind thanks AM, i'm trying my best. :winking0008: Yesterday i stuck to my 1 day a week dry policy (in fact last week saw 2 dry days because i also didn't drink that monday). However i still haven't managed 3 days dry yet, so i need to work on that if i'm really on top of things as much as i claim to be.

Regards,
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: