Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Forum View from a Laptop  (Read 220 times)

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Forum View from a Laptop
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
This is only happening on the laptop. The desktop computer is fine. The home page of the forum is stretched in length. When you click into a section like the Lounge it is perfect. It is just the main forum page. Will include image and direct link using the same image.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/Cuchculan/ScreenShot002_zps68e63fa2.jpg

Has only began since the resent work began on the site.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline GreyGoose

• Administrator
  • Rec's: 38
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Help through caring
    • Poke This Member
Re: Forum View from a Laptop
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:48:50 PM »
Thank you for the information (and screenshot). I've just tried viewing the forum and various pages (main index, topics, posts, etc) on two different laptops both while logged out and logged in and they looked fine from this end. I'm not exactly sure why you are experiencing this issue. What browser are you using and also, have you tried completely logging out of the forum and chat room, leaving the site altogether (so it won't be re-cached) and then clearing all of your browser's cache and history (everything and for all dates)?.

Also, how many hours or days ago (prior to posting this) did you first notice this issue?.

Please let me know if this helps and thanks for the heads up  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Help Through Caring

Online Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 05:44:00 AM »
I am use Chrome. I have logged out. Cleared cache. Cleared browsing history as well just for the sake of it. It only began happening with the changes to the site. Around that time. I also get a lot of tags. Like the word chat in chatroom will be a link with a green icon next to it. Something I don't see on the desktop computer at all. I will check the chrome settings. My desktop is a huge screen. Was thinking it might be remembering the size of the desktop screen. The width of the screen is bigger than most computers. There might be some setting I can adjust that it is remembering when I switch from the desktop to the laptop. As it can't give me the same width on the laptop it might be stretching the main page downwards. But when I click into the various sections everything is back to normal again. No problems at all there. Think that is what baffled me. It was only the home page of the forum.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »
I went to settings in Chrome. Went right down the bottom of the page. Clicked a link for advanced settings. Then reset the browser settings. Iy looks fine for now. But I am wonder if it will stay that way once I use my desktop comp with the wider screen. Just think it is remember the settings from the desktop. So I expect them to be different next time I turn the desktop on.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: