Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attacks while eating?  (Read 120 times)

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic attacks while eating?
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »
I cannot stop this.

Every since my HUGE panic attack Monday where my heart was beating out if my chest, I am just afraid to eat. I cannot eat a meal without thinking of my heart and I get these sudden adrenaline surges that make me feel like another one is coming on. I've eaten like twice since Monday. I just tried to eat a big mac and fries ( I finished em) and I felt it was coming on. The ONLY thing that stopped it was my brother alking through the door and me going to talk to him. I know its all in my head but it's hard to get over this hurdle. With digestion its like my stomach drops and my heart rate goes up which makes me focus and then panic. I need control of this.

Have any of you ever gone through this experience and how di you beat it? I'm looking to take vitamin supplements to see if they can help with some sort of deficient issue. I just dont know what to do at this point because I actually loved eating up to Monday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attacks while eating?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
Food like big mac and fries will absolutely send your heart into overdrive.  Its junk food and you should stay away from it.  Eat healthy carbs and high quality, lean protein and you'll be amazed at how much you feel better.

IMHO McDonalds and all the like are just nothing more than garbage.
Bookmark and Share

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »
Im gonna be honest with you, I have NO idea how to eat healthy, I've tried but I always lapse
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »
I know the feeling.  Last year at this time I was 35 lbs heavier than I am now but I was able to change my outlook on eating as well as making changes to the food I eat.

All I can do is give my opinion and I'm sure other people will disagree and say there are better ways but you need to really educate yourself on food.  I would specifically start reading about the glycemic index and what it does to your body.  Another good place to start is a website called The Worlds Healthiest Foods - http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php health food can taste great - you just need to find which healthy foods you like.

I also suggest taking great care to take the time to identify the foods that make you feel poorly and get them out of your diet.  It will take time but you can do it.  The first step is education and then you'll be able to make informed decisions about what you put into your body.

I also believe that your food should be grown or raised, not manufactured.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: