Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of Cancer  (Read 150 times)

Offline Boo89

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of Cancer
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:02:24 PM »
Happy New Year everyone!
I've been doing decently for a while but today is a setback day. I've talked myself into believing that I have cancer - yup if its not heart problems then its cancer. For the last 2 days I've been having a slight cramp like pain in my left side (usually when I wake up in the morning - maybe b/c I sleep weird or just stress). Today in addition to the cramps I had a slight bloody nose, for only just a minute. It has been cold & could be nothing but it freaked me out. Now I feel like I can't catch my breathe and my head/chest hurts.
I'm really trying not to think about it and would like to not take my meds/beat it on my own. Just need some assurance that side pain does not equal cancer :/

Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Cancer
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
What cancer? :)

Now I feel like I can't catch my breathe and my head/chest hurts.

This is anxiety most likely or some cold maybe.

Left side cramp and nose bleeding are not related in any way I can think of, so, in my opinion, you can relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of Cancer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
Your not alone that's what my HA is... You've said the most likely explanation for your side pain... I very much doubt it is cancer everyone wakes up with pains every now and again. Your side and nose r completely unrelated too so try and relax. I'm 100% sure you have nothing to worry about it's your anxiety. I'm not on meds but maybe think about getting onto CBT therapy they definately help and give you techniques to rationalise your negative thoughts. Hope it passes I've had a bad day with my anxiety too :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: