Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Electric impulse in my foot, scared of MS  (Read 678 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Electric impulse in my foot, scared of MS
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:27:25 AM »
Hey guys!

I've just registered but I've been following forum for quite some time since I have health anxiety.

I am posting here in hope that someone have/had similar symptoms that turned out to be nothing so that I can ease my mind.

It started in April '13 when I felt pins feeling in my left big toe and when I would go with my fingers below root of left big toe I would feel electrical impulse shot throught my big toe. That sensation lasted for 2 months approx. and then went away. Then, in August I started getting the same electrical impulse feeling in left foot pinky when I massage spot below root of that finger. That feeling was starting to subside in November-December, and now it is back and couple of days ago I notices the same electric impulse feeling in my left achilles heel when I go over a spot on my hamstrings near knee.

Basically I am scared of peripheral neuropathy and Primary Progressive MS. I went to neurologist yesterday and she didn't say what it could be she just said that she believes it is not MS since my walking/balance/reflexes/eyes were fine. She also said that I am very tense and anxious which I knew.

Anyway, since when you google electric impulse in part of body MS starts to pop all over, and I know that no one here can diagnose me, but like I said, maybe you've had similar experiences and you can share it.

Thank you!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Electric impulse in my foot, scared of MS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »
I have had these same exact feelings in my left foot for almost 1 year. I have a tingling shock sensation when touching the top of my left foot. It is also very sensitive to warm water. MS has crossed my mind but right now by obsession/ fear has been colon cancer after noticing some off and in bright red bleeding on my stool. I am 26 years old. I truly think my foot issue is because of a pair of boots I bought last January and wore all winter long. They are tight across the top of my foot and also have a 2.5 inch heal. I read poor fitting boots with heals can cause nerve issues and pain in the foot. The sensitivity to touch has subsided but I still have sensitivity to a hot bath. I am trying to not freak out over it. I think it's a great sign your neuro wasn't alarmed. I think feet are very susceptible to nerve damage/pain.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »
Thank you very much for your answer!

As for your colon cancer worries, I believe you are fine. There are a lot of causes of bright red blood in stool, hemorrhoids first come to mind, some straining during bowel movement can cause it etc. At your age colon cancer is very unlikely and benign causes for red blood in stool are very likely. I've also had it btw for 2 days, 3 years ago - when I was also 26. :).
Bookmark and Share

Offline anonandanxious

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »
Hey There,

I've been having "tingling" sensations and nerve pain in my foot for a year now as well.   I equally have spent a lot of time worrying about neurological diseases (MS), despite reassurance from multiple physicians (PCP, podiatrist, neurologist) that it's some simple, benign nerve pain that may or may not go away (and is nothing to worry about).

I'm also young (28, nearly 29) and in very good health otherwise.

So I'd say rest assured, you're not the only one with these types of sensations, they're likely the result of both a slight nerve injury and your anxiety / hyper-sensitivity.  Furthermore, the fact that palpitation (pressing on the spot) solicits the pain really points a finger at nerve impingement as opposed to something more nefarious / disease related.

So rest up, stop worrying and enjoy life!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 02:31:49 PM »
Thank you very much for your answer!!!

It's great to hear that I am not alone with these symptoms and to get fresh rational perspective.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
Hypo - Rest assured you are fine.

I had the same issue as you. I started getting some tingling/electric feelings in my left foot and leg. Googled and saw MS and for some reason it stuck and I freaked out. My GP said it was anxiety and maybe a touch of sciatica which would resolve on its own.

For some reason I didn't believe him so I went to a Neuro Dr. He too agreed after hearing i was running 2 miles and day and putting me through the exam.

Yet, wasn't enough so I requested a MRI. MRI came back clean.

My mistake.....I let my anxiety from my leg consume me so much that I started looking for other symptoms like my eyes and sure enough they came and I am still dealing with them. Dr. assured me it was my anxiety and stress causing my eyes to feel sore and dizzy and I believe it but the anxiety has caused me to overthink everything.

I no longer fear MS...but now I have anxiety which is not fun either. Do yourself a favor......start running for excercise. That will prove to you that you are ok and your anxiety will release.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 04:14:51 PM »
Thank you very much for your answer!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
And after I relaxed yesterday a bit, today I developed on and off burning in my right shoulder that lasts for a second. Of course anxiety kicks in again...if these damn symptoms would just stop multiplying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
Now I am officially freaked out, been crying all day.

I read neurologist report and she wrote that I have clonus in feet. I googled it and found that it can't be cause by anxiety, and most likely cause is MS. Can't calm down now. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »
Has anyone here had bilateral ankle clonus and hyperreflexia? I am so scared I can't function.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »
Call their office and ask her to explain , don't rely on Internet !!!! DO NOT GOOGLE ANYMORE !!!you will be ok !
Bookmark and Share

Tags: