Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Talk some sense into me!  (Read 97 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Talk some sense into me!
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:47:51 AM »
I've been having on and off achey elbows for awhile now, and now it's gotten to the point where the only time they don't bother me is at work. It makes it very hard to sleep. My fear is that it's my heart. Since the day after Christmas it's been non-stop pain. My doctor said before it sounded like referred pain because my elbows aren't tender or swollen. I gave in and went to the ER yesterday after some more scary than usual chest, arm, and jaw pain, and when I asked the doctor there about the elbow pain (which I didn't have while I was there) he said it could be referred from my diaphragm.

I'm trying so hard to ignore it but it's really getting me down. The fact that it lessens and sometimes disappears altogether when I'm busy at work should tells that it's not being caused by a physical thing, but laying in bed in tears from the pain right now I'm having a hard time thinking logically.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Talk some sense into me!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:34:21 AM »
Anybody?
Bookmark and Share

Offline RobynJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Talk some sense into me!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:12:40 PM »
It sounds like it's caused by anxiety to me. When my anxiety has been at it's worst I've had awful pains in my arms where like you I was convinced it was due to something physical the pain seemed so intense. Anxiety causes a lot of symptoms though aside from the most common ones and they can be different in everyone. I had a stage where every time I moved I could hear 3/4 my bones clicking, in my fingers, arms, toes, legs, back etc which was caused by me focusing so much on it from anxiety. I've had a lot of strange things actually that have all been caused mentally even though they seemed so real at the time. Keep yourself busy and distracted it's the best way to over come it! Is your doctor aware you have anxiety? If he isn't now would be a good time to tell him so he can take that into consideration. :)

Robyn.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: