Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: How do you cope?!  (Read 129 times)

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do you cope?!
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:26:57 AM »
I feel really annoyed with myself I told myself new year no more googling etc well that lasted long. It seems that because I've told myself no it's on my mind constantly I just want to curl up in a ball and forget about everything! Does it really get better? I'm here giving advice and seems to be good advice but when it comes to me my own advice is wrong and I cannot accept it. My bigger fear is cancer I just can't handle the fact this horrible illness takes lives everyday and it's beyond our control I just think I'm gonna get it and it will be too late if it's not one type it's another it's gone from mouth cancer to cervical cancer in a day and it's so frustrating all I want to do is cry :( I sound so pathetic and no one seems to understand family etc just don't get it. I also fear death I cannot handle the thought of not been here does it hurt? What actually happens to you etc. I've had this fear since I had my little boy the most upsetting thing is I'm 21 years old I should be at my prime doing whatever I want etc but instead I sit at home most days depressed and think about death. My oh helps best he can but it also frustrates him he doesn't want to discuss death and cancer it's not normal. I just want to be worry free again but right now it seems to be impossible. I'm pregnant so hormones are everywhere but I was like this before. I'm going through cbt which helps but it still sometimes over powers and I give in. I'm so fed up :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline RobynJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do you cope?!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 12:07:05 PM »
I've felt exactly the same as you and still do occasionally. I'm 19 now but my health anxiety started around the time I turned 18. I have no idea why but I suddenly got this irrational fear of getting older and time started to go a lot quicker and I also started thinking about death daily. I feel like you where at 19 I should be carefree etc yet I also get strong cancer fears and death worries. It is ALL anxiety though. I don't have any children but my sisters friend does and I know that she gets really bad anxiety whilst pregnant and since having had her first so maybe that is what has/does trigger yours? Are you on any medication and is your doctor aware? I find going to see my doctor helps for reassurance etc and they can also prescribe you to medication if they feel it's necessary. It is also really hard for anyone else to understand anxiety when they do not have it, when it's only happening in your head it's hard to explain it to others and also makes you feel slightly crazy! I constantly ask my partner for reassurance about this and that and I can see him thinking "oh god not this again" but to us it makes complete sense to worry about these irrational things. Just relax and breathe, you're going to be okay! :)

Robyn.
Bookmark and Share

Offline roulolox

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:42 PM »
Hello,
I am exactly like you.
I was like you when I was your age and still could do many things. I am now 40 years old and things start to be a bit more problematic because the chance you get something increases. Still, at your age, the chance of getting cancer is much smaller than having a car accident and probably similar to that of being hitten by an Asteroid.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »
I dont cope well at all.  Ihave learned to stay away from dr google since he didn't go to a top ranked med school.  Ive had every test done in the last 2 years-all negitive-so its just day by day
Bookmark and Share

Tags: