Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I think I've had enough  (Read 742 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I've had enough
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:26:43 AM »
I'm sitting in my bathtub crying debating life, I feel so damn hopeless, I can handle life like this anymore I'm not gonna ***** but I've never felt so lonely depressed and isolated in my life.  I feel like this will never end.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluerose

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I've had enough
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:19:24 AM »
I've felt like you do many times and thought there was no hope.  But I've made it to 54 -- 41 years since my mental illness hit really hard when I was 13.  Somehow I made it through and now with a combination of medication and some very supportive friends I can enjoy life.  If I'd given up I never would've met the love of my life, went traveling on wonderful trips or felt my sense of self worth which was very lacking in high school.  Hang in there.  Are you on medication?  Do you have a therapist?  How about a support group?  If you're in the US NAMI has free support groups.  You are not alone.  It's good that you joined this site and posted.  Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share
You wanted justice, but there was none, only love.

Online insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:20:40 AM »
I feel so damn hopeless

It only becomes hopeless if you give up. As long as you're willing to fight, nothing is hopeless...ever.

So pick yourself up, dust yourself off and give it your best shot. And if you fail, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and give it your best shot. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Anxiety disorders can be very hard to live with, but it is possible to still have a high quality life. Working out the means to achieve it is hard work, but it is doable.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline laineymom

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:10:31 AM »
Hey, how are you doing? You know, many of us have felt the way you are feeling right now. I've gotten there several times. It's horrible and really no one who hasn't been there doesn't get it. I am lonely a lot of the time and I have a husband and several kids. But having anxiety and/or depression is lonely when no one else around you knows how you feel. And even more so when you get to a bad place. But you WILL get to a better place again if you don't give up. Sometimes we just have to survive, you know? Eat, sleep, make it till tomorrow. But as the others have said, you do that, and eventually, one of the tomorrows is better. People like us are strong, we have to will ourselves to get through some days, but YOU CAN DO IT.

Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:42:45 PM »
I'm just so depressed, I'm so withered and emotionally vacant. Idk how much more I can take.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 10:49:24 PM »
It's like I can't feel any happiness at all
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 12:23:37 AM »
I'm just so depressed, I'm so withered and emotionally vacant. Idk how much more I can take.

I urge you to contact your doctor asap and tell him how you feel. Please do this as soon as you can!

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 02:25:08 AM »
There's a chat room at AZ where some regulars hang out.  Some real cool people there.    If you ever need someone to chat with, that room is always open.  Usually a moderator hangs out there during shifts.  Everyone there will be able to relate with what you are feeling about psychiatric medication, mood problems and the ups and downs of life.  Maybe it could be a place for you to seek some refuge.
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 03:27:03 AM »
I don't understand what I did to deserve this, I'm such a good person, but everyday is a living hell. I can't continue on like this, everyday I'm plagued with nothing but negative thoughts about everything, like I'm stuck in a nightmare. My girlfriend is on the verge of leaving me, I'm 26 with no job living at home. I can't imagine a normal future anymore. It's so painful and I'm suffering so bad.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 05:57:08 AM »
I can't imagine a normal future anymore.

Step one contact your doctor to begin working on getting out of the fix you're now in, perhaps by beginning on Effexor straight away.

Step two, once you're stabilized and settled begin working out what you want out of life.

Step three, work out you need to do to get it.

Step four, go and do it.

The only person who can give you the life you want is you. Life isn't always easy. Stuff happens, painful stuff, physically, or emotionally. You can either surrender to it and allow it destroy you, or you can do something about it. The first thing you should do is go to step one and call your doctor...now!

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline laineymom

• Rec's: 0
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 07:53:04 AM »
PLEASE listen to everyone here. Go to your doctor and get some medicine. You don't have to feel so bad and suffer so much. It's your brain chemicals and if you get them balanced out, life won't seem so hopeless. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you and it CAN be a good one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:04 AM »
You've come to a good place, good people, best advice.

You are not alone. It seems to me young people have a harder time than ever. The job market for one, expectations triggered by all that technology, as I see it. There is no time or space to develop an inner self. Do try to see a therapist because there is help and hope. Wishing you all the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:51 AM »
I have these unbearable physical symptoms that no one can identify on a daily basis I've been through so many tests, this too me is a physical problem, not only a mental one. Everyone says it's anxiety but I have social anxiety, so when I'm home and relaxed there's no need for these problems. They plague me everyday and I don't understand.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 08:18:06 AM »
The physical symptoms are real enough, no doubt, on one level. But the origins seem to be elsewhere, as the tests indicate. That powerful mind-body connection is what you want to explore.

Try to see a therapist who may prescribe some meds. and help you gain some insight into less obvious issues. We feel for you and hope for the best for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
You do have a physical problem.  You have a brain problem.  The problem isn't about your mental ability to think, if that were the case, you could think loving and peaceful thoughts, and then life would be fun and normal again.  Although it is important to manage how you think, since negative thinking tends
to draw negative experiences, your brain will not repair itself due to a new set of positive thoughts.  People who are chronically  depressed or anxious have distorted brain sizes around the hippocampus. For you, when you were younger, you proabably experienced what you thought was a traumatic experience at the time as a child, and that experience stressed you out.  Although you eventually grew out of that fearful experience, your brain didn't.  Meaning the emotional stress from your childhood more than likely affected how your brain formed by the time you became an adult.

When you started  Effexor, which I guess was after high school, you were assisted by the medication to manage the distorted brain sizes. Once you got off, the Effexor, after five years, your brain returned to its dysfunctional state prior to the medication.  It was distorted from the earlier emotional trauma that occurred, during your growing up years.

If you really need to convince yoursef your brain is the culprit, and that your brain hasn't been responding like a  normal brain should, I suggest you get a brain scan or a brain MRI.  If done by the right doctor, the scan will show you where your brain is weak in size, and how distorted sections of the brain affect the brain's response rate.

Your bio states you live in New York.  You may want to goggle Amen clinic, since there is a center in that jurisdiction.  A competent brain doctor can do a MRI on your brain, and provide important information on the status of your brain, and the needed recommendatons to manage its distorted state.
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Tags:

anything