Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: woke up from nightmare and had panic attack and heart palps  (Read 139 times)

Offline shelly1979

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
woke up from nightmare and had panic attack and heart palps
« on: January 02, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »
Hi Everyone. My name is Shelly and I'm new to this website. I've been suffering from anxiety since I was 21 years old. I'm now 34, and it still hasn't gotten much better. Most of the time, I will get my attacks for a few months and then they will stop. I even went a whole two years when I had nothing at all.

Here recently, as of October 2013, I had some severe anxiety/acid reflux. I had tried the paleo diet, and got extremely sick from doing so. First, I don't think I was eating enough and it just messed my system up pretty bad. So, I suffered with two days of a racing heart beat that just didn't go away, my joints/muscles would hurt something fierce, I had no energy and I was afraid to eat, sleep or move.

one night, while my fiancé was at work, I had an attack so bad that I called the ambulance. Needless to say, I was in ER for six hours and they ran every test on me they could and everything came back fine. They gave me medicine for my anxiety which didn't really help at all. So after a couple of weeks I still suffered from anxiety attacks and started eating again. I felt since then until about a week ago around Christmas. During the time in ER, I had cut out dairy. Well, during Christmas I started eating dairy and cheese again. I started noticing fluttering in my chest again. I thought maybe I was just being too anxious. Then last night, I woke up from a dream while having a panic attack. I calmed myself down and fell back to sleep. Later, I ate a handful of cheezits and some water.... which then lead to more heart palpitations. Now, I'm extremely afraid to eat anything. I'm guessing it's the dairy but I'm not sure. I'm so hungry, but seriously have a fear of food...... has anyone had this problem? what should I do?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: woke up from nightmare and had panic attack and heart palps
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 05:56:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Here we all suffer in one way or another. So you are never alone. What you could try do is the obvious. Cut out what you think is causing the problems and see if it makes a difference. If it makes no difference you know it is not that. The fact that anxiety kicked in again after you been free of it for so long may just be on your mind. When we have setbacks we either manage to get over them or we dwell on them. To dwell on them is like inviting anxiety back into our lives again. Think of those two years you had anxiety free. Think of what that felt like. Remember how you reached that point. Set out to do the exact same thing. If you beat anxiety once, you can beat it a million times over. You just have to believe in yourself. I just think you had a bad setback that is playing on your mind now.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Island

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 06:36:58 AM »
Hi Shelly! I too have similar symptoms like you, actually I just woke up in a panic and that's why I'm on here, but before this I haven't had an attack in over a year. I usually get them from bad dreams, most of the time I can shake it by going online and relaxing my brain cuz it's going a million miles per hr. Either good music or talking to someone. Once I'm calm I'm fine but sometimes I feel as if I can't shake it such as the last time I had one and I had to admit myself to the ER. Just know you can work with the anxiety and not let it get the best of you. I know easier said than done but you have to trust yourself. Just remember your in charge and your body needs to eat and just lay off on food you know that will give you heart burn cuz it may trigger your mind. Just get yourself back into the happy place so you mind can be relax and be free of any disturbance, trust me ya gotta work with it and not let it get the best of you. Hope this helps, I myself have to take my own advice cuz it get scary as }>¥€~>#% sometimes. Take care. Jason
Bookmark and Share

Offline shelly1979

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
thanks you guys. it does help to talk to someone about my anxiety.  I'm still having some rapid heart rate. but i really can't tell now if it's just my anxiety in over drive or if it's because i haven't been eating enough.  living with this feels like an every day battle. i've even considered doing some sort of therapy. i do think too much, especially about negative things. but i do know it will get better. i just need to change my way of thinking, start eating and just be happy.   :)
Bookmark and Share