Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Something Totally New!!!  (Read 56 times)

Offline hmpcna74

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Something Totally New!!!
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »
Hey! My name is Heather. I am 20 years YOUNG and have recently been diagnosed with Health Anxiety. It's pretty difficult to grasp everything right  now but I am actually a lot better than I was about 3 months ago. Of course, it comes and goes but that's okay; I'm learning to control everything. I have a 1 year old daughter which makes everything better when holding her. She's my pride and joy, she really helps me through some rough days. I usually cuddle her if I am feeling bad.

My fiance is a paramedic and knows that I am suffering with Health Anxiety. He really helps in reassuring me I am fine when I have already convinced myself I am on my death bed. He does checks on places that are hurting and of course lets me know if I should worry or not, most of the time it's a non-worrisome situation.

I stay at home and have for a year so being alone has done a lot to my mental state. My friends all left when I had my child so it's just my family now. It's good to an extent but it's given me time to just sit and think... constantly. This isn't a good thing! I am determined to keep a positive outlook and hope this site will help me! :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Something Totally New!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:25:54 AM »
Hello hmpcna74 and welcome to our community  :action-smiley-065:!

You will find many 'new-old' stories here as many members are dealing with similar issues. I suggest for you to browse the forums/sections, find the ones you have interest in and post or start a new topic.
We also have a Chat here, quite popular among our members and the AZ Wire, for example, which is a social network for members.

I am glad to read you are doing somewhat better and learning to control things. I hope you feel great really soon!
Once again, nice to have you aboard.

Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: