Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What drives our specific fears?  (Read 520 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What drives our specific fears?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 05:46:29 AM »
oh but my point is is that back in the day people did not have all these problems. They were active and kids played outside. There were hardly any overweight people out there. Nowadays, kids at a young age are glued to the tv and computers and ipads. Parents are glued to their computers and cell phones. Teens are glued to their cell phones and texting. It is not good. There is no way to release physical energy. It seems all these problems started getting really bad in the 1990s and coincidentally look at how technology has boomed since then
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 06:48:29 AM »
I agree that technology had made us more sedentary - when I was a kid saying "lets play football" meant going outside and actually playing football, now it means turning on the Xbox and picking up the controller.

That being said, I don't think its a single cause, we also need to look at our food supply and how we've downgraded the quality of our food in favor of quantity, cheaper price and some mistaken belief that if every single meal you eat isn't the best tasting thing you've ever had then you'll never eat it again.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
Positive Feedback - anxiety causing symptoms whic are believed to be dangerous which causes anxiety, which causes more intense worry. This tends to go on, reinforcing itself, endlessly.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: