Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Phycosis fears/ is everyone against me?  (Read 271 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Phycosis fears/ is everyone against me?
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »
Hi guys I really need some help. Iv been to CBT sessions which didn't really help me as I didn't get any reassurance that I wasn't crazy. Obviously if she thought I was crazy then something would of been done.. But anyway.. I have this new fear that everyone is against me? Then I'm thinking this must mean I'm phycotic. As only phycotic people would have these unusual beliefs. It just won't shake. My dad has shitzophrenia and I'm so worried that I will develop this at some point and that these thoughts are the early signs of it.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Phycosis fears/ is everyone against me?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 04:48:59 PM »
Hi Sunflower...

I can certainly understand your genuine concern, not only for what you are experiencing, but that your father has schizophrenia too.  Sorry to hear that you didn't get much, if any, relief from CBT.  I would highly suggest that you consider seeing a psychiatrist.  Psychiatrists are medical doctors, therefore, I feel that they can really understand the impact on you, of having a dad with schizophrenia.  Since they are doctors, they can provide you with a diagnosis, and even prescribe medication if that is warranted, as well as other forms of treatment.

I wish you the best in finding a path that will address your concerns, and bring you to a healthy, happy state...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunflower

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
Thanks for your reply. How would I go about doing this as my doctor says I  not
Phycotic and suggested CBT and anti depressants which I am taking. Should I ask him to refer me to one? Is it that simple?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline FreakOutQueen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 06:52:28 PM »
Hi there,

I think GAD can cause you to have some feelings of paranoia, especially during high stress times. Is there a particular scenario with which you feel people are out to get you? Is it everyone or just one person you fear this with. I TOTALLY understand your fears of developing schizophrenia. As a long time sufferer of GAD and HA and depression I have worried that I am going to get it. Sometimes when I am falling asleep I swear I hear voices and it freaks me out. But, I had it checked out and I definitely do not have it. I don't think you do either. Mental illness is very fluid and you can have bits and pieces of certain disorder but anxiety can cause a lot of paranoid feelings. Hope this helps! My wife is a psychologist and I am constantly checking symptoms with her. Let me know of you have anymore questions!

Be well!

Whitney
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunflower

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »
I don't actually think certain people are against me. It's kind of just a fleeting thought that 'what if everyone is
Against me'. I think this thought comes because i am afraid of
SchiZophrenia and know that if I have these thoughts it must mean I am. I have no other symptoms like hearing voices or having hallucinations. So what do you think?

Thanks so much for your reply
Bookmark and Share

Tags: