Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Breathless All the Time  (Read 235 times)

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Breathless All the Time
« on: January 01, 2014, 03:17:05 PM »
It's been a good while since I posted here but the breathlessness is back. Everyday I feel smothered, like being under covers.

I run 4x a week and after 4 years I haven't died from it, but it's terrible.

I'm always sighing and gasping for a satisfying breath. Sometimes when I'm really smothered I get a few PVCs:

2 years ago I tried to find an answer through doctors to no avail.

Am I alone in this? I get some relief knowing I'm not alone.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breathless All the Time
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
Hi BL...

I wanted you to know that you are not alone.  I was diagnosed with GAD some four years ago.  Although it is not my #1 symptom, there are times when my anxiety is high, that I find myself short of breath.  Several months ago I went outside to do some yard work.  After working just for maybe ten minutes, I felt like I was on the verge of a panic attack.  The only symptom I ended-up having was being breathless.  That last for three hours.  I'll never forget it because it was very scary.  I'm glad to hear that you had yourself checked-out by your physician a few years back.  It's always good to rule-out any underlying physical conditions.  At the end of the month, I have an appointment with a therapist to start cognitive behavioral therapy(CBT).  I know that part of that therapy is to learn proper breathing.  It's my understanding that we can be hyperventilating, and not even be consciously aware of it.  Have you been through CBT, or considered it?  Do any type of breathing techniques seem to help you?

I hope that things get better for you.  The best to you, BL!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »
Thanks Chuck.

I did some talk therapy back when I had this bad in 2009. Maybe I should try it again.

If I lay in bed and do abdominal breathing it helps.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Online BrookeAshley1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:16:51 AM »
I know how you feel because I constantly feel breathless. Even if I'm just sitting down at the computer, or watching tv. It's become so normal for me that I don't even noticed it as much as I used to. So you're definitely not alone. It's actually my most common symptom of anxiety. I feel it mostly everyday. Zoloft has helped it but not completely.
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Tags: