Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Intro and heart rate issues  (Read 106 times)

Offline Lexie123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Intro and heart rate issues
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
Hi everyone I'm Lexie. I'm in my 20s and have been struggling with anxiety for a few years now. It seemed to taper off for about a year but now it's come back worse than ever. Lately I've been extremely concerned with my heart rate. I obsessively check it. One day for example, I checked it over 50 times. It seems my heart rate at rest is anywhere from 96-116. This freaks me out extremely. I found this site through googling high heart rate and anxiety. It seems like every time I check my heart rate it just increases even more because I obsess.  I haven't been on any meds except 2mg Xanax when I feel especially anxious. Thing is, I've really scared of doctors and get the Xanax from a third party because I hate going to the doctors.  Just hoping to find out if others are in a similar predicament with their heartrate and should I be concerned. I also get these vivid images in my head of my heart in my chest beating like crazy and then stopping when I have the panic attacks. Maybe someone gets similar symptoms? And I can't google things anymore because that just makes it 100x worse lol. Anyways, thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share
Lexie x

Offline Dani

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intro and heart rate issues
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:22:49 AM »
Hi Lexie

I had the same obsession in the beginning.  I also checked my heart rate a lot and my mom would look at me like I'm some crazy person. Normally when you get panic attacks, your heart will pound like crazy. The first time I had one, I thought I was going to get a heart attack and I also googled heart attacks. That's when I found out it was a panic attack. All my  symptoms were the same as a panic attack. I know that you hate doctors but the only way that you can be certain that your heart is fine is if you get your heart rate and blood pressure checked. If everything is fine, you don't have to obsess anymore. When I felt like you did I went to a nurse to get my heart rate and blood pressure checked and when she told me it is normal, I felt better. I will also suggest that you get some kind of hobbey that can keep your mind off of your heart rate. I really hope that you will consider seeing a doctor so that you can be assured.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intro and heart rate issues
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:20:08 AM »
Hi, Lexie, welcome to Anxiety Zone!

You have come to the right place, our community is all about sharing experience and mutual support. I see you've already gotten some feedback there, which is good. Sometimes members get more input in specific theme forums, so I suggested you browse the forums and find the ones you have interest in. Please feel free to post or start a new topic.
You might also be interested in our Chat, which is open for all members over age 18, or AZ Wire, social network for our members.

Googling syptoms is not a good idea, I agree there with you. I hope you find best solutions for you soon; joining AZ might be well helpful on your journey to well-being.

Nice to have you as member!

Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)