Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: confused???  (Read 101 times)

Offline Jasmine84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
confused???
« on: January 01, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »
I was diagnosed with severe anxiety back in June and was put on Effexor and Risperdal.I slowly was returning to normal but stupid me thought the Effexor was numbing me too much so I was switched to Celexa.From there it went downhill again.I was put back on Effexor 225mg since December 20th and replaced the Risperdal with 300mg of Seroquel since the 28th of December.I just feel so out of it like I'm not really myself and  everything I do is kind of like it's not me doing it.I have the most random thoughts out of nowhere and sometimes feel I'm in a different place at times like if I think about a grocery store I sometimes feel like I'm there.I feel like I have no connection to reality it's like I'm just here going through the motions but I'm not feeling any of it.I feel like I'm living in a world of my own thoughts and the outside world makes no sense or I can't handle it.It feels like reality scares me and I try to avoid it.I feel so trapped and hopeless like I'm still me deep down somewhere and I'm trying to get back but I just can't.I fear there is no help for me and that my situation can't be defined under one illness therefore I will have to live like this forever.I'm so confused and don't know what is what anymore, even thoughts I know are normal seem so strange to me now.Please if anyone can relate or shed some light into my situation it would be greatly appreciated and so there is no confusion these symptoms all started before the meds so they are not the cause.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: confused???
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »
Hi Jasmine...

I am sorry to hear what you are going through.  You are not alone.  I have been where you are at, on more than on occasion.

It is unbelievable how bad anxiety can make you feel, how many symptoms you can have.  I have felt like I was having a nervous breakdown, like I was going crazy.  I have felt like you are feeling, that the person I am was still there, but was being pushed aside by intrusive/negative thoughts and symptoms of anxiety.  Panic attacks have put me in the emergency room on three occasions, and once it was so bad that I was ready to call 911.  Just seeing a single dirty fork in the sink could put me over the edge and fill my mind with such negative thoughts.

I am glad that you are under the care of a professional, and have been started on medication.  I know that it's trial and error at this point, finding the right medication and treatments, but I know there is a road back to "self" as I have found that too.  If I can find it, that road exists for you as well.  Be good to yourself; give yourself credit for any baby steps that you take.

Things I am doing for myself include exercise, meditation, socializing with family and friends, getting proper sleep, keeping myself hydrated, and eating frequent, small, healthier meals.  I am under the care of a psychiatrist, and like you, I'm on an anti-depressant.  I will start cognitive behavioral therapy at the end of the month.

The Anxiety-Zone site is a wonderful place for you to post your concerns.  I have found such support here, and made some close friends as well.  Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.  The very best to you, Jasmine!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: