Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: new here...looking to connect  (Read 78 times)

Offline shanlee80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new here...looking to connect
« on: December 31, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »
Hi all. Like many others, I am here looking to find someone I can relatw to. Anxiety and panic is a scary thing, and just knowing you are not alone can help wonders. I am going through a very rough patch right now. Not feeling good in general, waking up and immediately having an attack, feeling like the things around me are not real. Getting the chills, feeling cold, worrying that I'm getting a fever. My Dr has me starting klonopin tonight. She wants me to take it for a month while my Zoloft is being increased by 25 mg. Taking new meds and increasing the Zoloft of course scares me to no end. But I need relief. We are moving across country in less than 2 weeks! Any advice, or "me too's" would be so welcome!
Shannon
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new here...looking to connect
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »
Hi there, and welcome!

I too sometimes have these feelings of derealization or brain fog and it feels quite scary I must say. I am very happy to hear that your doc is putting you on clonazepam while bumping up your Zoloft - I went from 25 mg to 100 mg overnight without any assistance and went Cray. I think you're gonna be all right. :)
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, HA, BPD. LPR and peptic ulcer. Possible fibro.

Offline shanlee80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new here...looking to connect
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »
Wow, that is a big jump! I'm also just going through some pretty difficult things which could make anyone stressed. I lost my step dad to a tragic car accident almost 2 months ago, and we are moving cross country in less than 2 weeks. My husband is getting out of the Marine Corps after 13 yrs. Needless to say, I'm going through it!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: