Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Damn Leg Twitches  (Read 638 times)

Offline gvjaguar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Damn Leg Twitches
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »
Wow, thanks to both of you. All of that information has definitely helped to calm me down. I know it won't be easy and this may sound silly, but I vow that once I get out of this hole I dug myself in I will come back and tell everyone my story.

Ping - I went through an MS scare a month ago and finally got it out of my head, unfortunately ALS was the next thing that caused me to go haywire. Its so weird to think that before November I was a normalish and didn't have the slightest worry about either disease. Hopefully in a matter of time I can reduce my fear of ALS and beat this neuro nasty once and for all.

Hypo - Thank you for that wonderful and in depth explanation as to how that manifests itself. That has definitely made me more calm and I'm working on trying to un do the damage I've done to myself over the course of the last month and a half. So basically, if I'm understanding this right, muscle twitching ONLY occurs after said limb quits working and because of that the twitching is constant because its trying to restart the muscle? But if I have random twitches and they stop then that means its NOT do to atrophy? If that's the case I'll.be a very happy man.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
Yes.

Now go be a very happy man. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
My suggestion for you.....

Go figure out why you have health anxiety. You know in your heart you don't have MS or ALS, what is the fear inside you that you are manifesting into these physical sensations.

You have a stressor os some sort and the quicker you figure out what it is the better you will be in the long run. I am 36 now and my HA came around age 32. I am on my 4th episode and each one has been harder to battle. This time though I am seeing a therapist and have uncovered how messed up some of my past life experiences were and how I put a happy face on them to cope.

I am not saying you need to go to therapy which is actually nothing bad in the least bit. I am just saying explore you feelings and see what fear you have. I have always repressed my feelings and thought I was emotionally fine....until I began exploring it wasn't until I realized I wasn't.

The best news is that is ok too..... you come out the other side stronger. My new goal, to get to a place where I recognize my HA spiking next go around so I don't hve to run off to the internet for advice. I can rationalize myself before it gets to the next level. Easier said than done but I think possible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shen

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 09:07:47 PM »
pingman, i sent you a pm
Bookmark and Share

Offline gvjaguar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 10:12:22 PM »
Thanks again, to all of you. You're really helping me keep this in perspective. I guess the thing that really set my anxiety off tonight is that I saw that horrible disease which shall not be named could start in your hips. Both of the quads/thigh have seemed weak to me lately after excessive walking or running or squatting and that's what set me off. However, I should keep in mind that the disease only strikes one limb at a time and that if I can still run, stand on my toes, heels, balance on one leg, and the fact that Im 21, then I guess I should be okay.

None of these problems started until I began working as a cashier and standing long hours of the days in bad shoes. I wonder if the strain of standing all day could have started causing me these problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »
Twitches that are caused by ALS are localized but Twitches related to anxiety are all over the body. you've mentioned before you had twitches all over your body. so that's that
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline gvjaguar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
Yeah, that's absolutely true. Funny thing is, when I first started working I noticed that on the same spot on both my legs, right above my knees, they would twitch and feel funny. Because this was happening in both legs it couldn't be ALS and more or less likely related to my job. I hope.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything