Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Twitching  (Read 146 times)

Offline lula2899

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Twitching
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
I have had twitching in my scalp and forehead for 5-6 days now. It stops for portions of time but is almost constant. Not sure what is causing it - I traveled so I know I was under more stress, but now I am home and it continues. I have tried eating bananas/taking magnesium, resting, etc. Still happening. Concerned it could be serious - any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ETE44

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Twitching
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
Sometimes I get really twitchy for days--all over my body. Feet, hands, fingers, chin, neck, you name it. I just get jittery. It usually passes with time. It's probably just nerves or stress, maybe even caffeine. Sometimes when I'm really anxious my whole arm will feel like it's shaking, for example.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lula2899

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 05:14:37 PM »
It's not shaking though. Almost just like little jumps - you can't even see it it's so quick and small but constant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:58:37 AM »
I have the exact same problem. It started in my right eyelid nonstop for 8 weeks... went to an eye doc... they said blepharospasm and if i really can't stand it they could shoot botox in the nerve to kill it. I said no, i;ll just wait to see if it stops, well, it stopped and i was so happy, but then the twitching moved to the right side of my mouth and chin nonstop for a couple weeks, along with my right eyebrow twitch and also the right cheek felt like it was being pulled back towards my ear. The only thing i could find on the internet was hemifacial spasm or meige syndrome... except my eye wasnt twitching any longer. It was really annoying. Then when that stopped it moved to other parts of the right side of my body, then it included the left, then it was just all over nonstop 24-7. IT doesn't hurt and no one can see the twitching unless if you look really close, and movement makes it stop. So i get it in my face, my back, my arms, my thighs, my legs, my abdominal area, everywhere. Finally after 7 monhts i thought what the heck is going on and made an appt with a neurologist after my family doc gave me no advice. The neuro checked me for lymes which was negative, ordered some labs to check for autoimmune disorders which were negative. My gfr is low even though i drink tons of fluids so he said i may be dehydrated... but i don't see how that's possible considering i drink at least 64 oz of liquids per day, although i urinate a lot. He said it's probably benign fasciculation syndrome and fatigued muscles and it should stop or eventually slow down, but still get the MRI of my brain though he thinks it will be normal. I got the MRI and it showed developmental venous anomaly of the left temporal lobe... i only know this because i have access to see my results. Being that i have migraines with aura... and i only had one seizure over 10 years ago... I am going to ask him when i talk to him today if the DVA could be compressing a facial nerve or if i could be experiencing some mild form of epilepsy or partial seizure disorder.... although, i think that would only explain the facial twitching... i don't think it would explain the rest of the body twitching. It is so annoying. My neck and upper back has been sore too so i wonder if i have pinched nerves in my spine and this is causing twitching everywhere. I have to say applying heat to the neck, doing neck exercises every day, and avoiding the computer whenever i get a chance has significantly helped, maybe that will help you too. If i do go on the computer i wear sunglasses because the lighting gives me a headache, also i don't sit right when im on the computer and i clench my teeth i notice, which is causing neck strain i think and fatigued neck and eyelid muscles. I work 8-5 mon thru fri and i am on the computer the whole time and i think that is the cause of my neck pain, neck strain, twitching, fatigued muscles, tiredness. Are you on the computer a lot too?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »
I've had twitching last year, sometimes it was constant in one part of body for couple of weeks.

It's benign fasciculation syndrome, harmless condition.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: