Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: brain tumor concerns...need suggestions!!  (Read 152 times)

Offline saul123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
brain tumor concerns...need suggestions!!
« on: December 31, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »
Hey everyone,

Welp, my anxiety continues. Over the past month I have been experiencing tension-like headaches. They tend to come and go, but really something I have dealt with in the past. I am under some high stressors (working on completing a dissertation and getting ready to become a new dad (super excited about this, but it is our first child so I'm anxious too).

At any rate, what has been different about my symptoms this go round is that i have been feeling light-headed (the best way I can describe it). The room isn't spinning and i'm not losing my balance or anything, but my head just doesn't feel right--I feel spaced out and almost as if I have been drinking alcohol (when I haven't been). Then when I think about the symptoms I start to feel nauseous--not sure if that is due to my head or anxiety. I do take a low dose of benzos and have read that feeling spaced out can be a side effect of that, but who knows.

I have been online and read stories about people just, "not feeling right" and going to their ER only to discover that they have a horrible illness. I have been battling with whether I should go to the hospital or not. I have in the past for different conditions and of course they make me feel better, but obviously only in the short term. Then again, what if this is that one time where I am right and need to go to the hospital.

This has been a struggle and has made life tough. All I want to do is sleep because I don't worry (plus my head sensation decreases). Thanks for reading my concerns, and any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline saul123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: brain tumor concerns...need suggestions!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »
Has anyone had similar experiences? Part of me wonders if I should go to the ER, but on the other hand I think it is very plausible it is due to anxiety.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Just can't stop worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: