Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 70 times)

Offline ZiggyStar

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduction
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:37:29 AM »
Salutations,

My name is Ziggy, and I have been dealing with anxiety for awhile. It is hard to write about my fears, and the thoughts that I can't get out of my head. I am 26, but every night when I go to bed, I know I won't wake up in the morning. I constantly think I have cancer, or am going to have some major blood vessel rupture, or that I'm infected with parasites. Parasites and bugs are really my two main issues. I live in Minnesota, and a couple of years ago, in the dead of winter, I thought I saw a bug crawl across the kitchen floor and under the dishwasher. I spent the next three evenings devoted to looking under every piece of furniture with a flashlight. I didn't find anything.

I guess some back story? So, when I was 16 I was diagnosed with depression, and then I started using illicit chemicals. When I stopped I didn't have problems with depression any more, but had attention issues related to anxiety. That's what my doctor says anyway, that I can't concentrate on anything because I can't stop thinking about worms, cancer, death, etc.

I'm 26. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:37:48 AM »
Hello Ziggy, welcome to Anxiety Zone  :action-smiley-065:!

Our community is all about sharing experience and mutual support so I think you've come to the right place. Thank you for sharing your story. You will find many people here, who are dealing with same or similar fears. Please, feel free to browse the forums/ sections you have interest in and post or start a new topic.
We also have some other features here, like the Chat, always busy and popular, or the Wire, social network for our members.

It's funny how our mind works at times, right? We 'know' we won't wake up in the morning yet we always do and we are back on the way to finding our well-being and happiness. Wishing all the best to you, may your find the right path for you soon!

Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: