Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling anxious :(  (Read 124 times)

Offline ComeDownToMe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling anxious :(
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »
So tonight was a horrible night at work.  I work second shift as a medical technologist in a hospital lab.  We were slammed all night long which always needs to make things worse.  I've been having palpitations again and I feel like I am teetering on the edge of an anxiety attack.  :(  I hate this.  I know my heart is fine.  I know the palpitations are from the stress.  I wish this crap would go away. 
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling anxious :(
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:36:52 AM »
It seems you know all the answers but just can't do anything about it. What is the worst thing that could happen to you? The feelings are always bad. That is about the height of it. They will always pass with time. Hop over to you tube and watch a few videos on breathing and you will learn lots. Then see can you use what you watched. You seem to know it can't really harm you. Bit like knowing the theory but not been able to put it into practice. Teach yourself and start to practice what you learn. You can come out on top. Simply have to believe in yourself.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
It's mad how our anxiety can cause these physical symptoms isn't it. My counsellor once told me, if you can cause such physical scary symptoms just with your mind, you can also control them. I know it's hard and sometimes feels impossible but what you're feeling isn't real, as Cuchculan says, what's the worst that's going to happen? When I panic my bf talks to me, calms me down and reminds me I am fine, I am safe and it's all in my head.

Good luck  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ComeDownToMe

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:33:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I used to have the deep breathing techniques on lock down when my episodes started a couple of years ago.  For some reason, I just can't seem to get myself out of this anxiety funk. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: