Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Eating Amoeba  (Read 436 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Eating Amoeba
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm doing better with each passing day. I've got terrible pressure in my nose, which is relieved with Mucinex pills. Now, I'm freaking out about this pressure instead of the brain eating amoeba. I had something similar happen in November, but had a terrible DRY sinus infection. Now I'm pretty much over my cold and having this pressure in my nose without cough or congestion is making me think I have some kind of tumor. I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »
I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another!!!

Oh my gosh I know right. My stomach feels a little weird. I'm scared it's the amoeba... but maybe I just ate too much and I've got a sensitive stomach because of stress and anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alvie22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »
Be grateful for the sleep guys, some of us can't fall asleep at all  :( but on a more cheerful note, opheliaaa I am glad you are doing better, and hope that your good health continues on for the rest of your life :) I remember back when I was younger, I would always be afraid of everything, even the most silly things. Looking back, I like to laugh about it with my mother. Like she would always say, who is in control, you or your mind?
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »
I've been sleeping every second night because I'm so exhausted. Today I left the house but my stomach is a bit sore and gurgly. It's not the amoeba is it? I'm just being paranoid right? This is so annoying. I hope it's just my stomach being stupid and not nausea caused by the brain eating amoeba. I'm so scared again.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 05:55:32 AM »
I think I read on this thread somewhere that you're from Melbourne?  Do you mean in Australia?

I read on an official Australian site that cases of this have been in South Australia, NSW, Queensland and Western Aus. There have been 5-6 cases in the whole country since 1981 and there are no records of there EVER being a case in Victoria.

You're ok :)

Btw. A sore, gurgly stomach can be caused by anxiety ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
You are fine. If you had this amoeba you would probably be having seizures and fever. You don't have it. WHat you do have is neck muscle strain. How do i know this? because you have bruxism, clenching your teeth, and maybe some swollen tiny lymph nodes down your neck from the sinus infection which is normal because they drain dead bacteria from the sinus infection. You should apply heat 20 minutes 3 times per day on the back of your neck. Take an anti-inflammatory if needed. Get rest. Stay off the computer, that causes neck strain. Do neck exercises. Google how to do neck exercises for computer strain and TMJ. That will get you feeling better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 06:48:00 AM »
Thanks livelaughlove and Gomubukai. I don't know what I would do without these forums! I'm glad I joined!

I've screenshot what you both wrote and every now and then when my anxiety comes back, I read it and it calms me down.

Gomubukai, you're right, Melbourne, Australia it is and its never been heard has it.

I'm going to try and get some sleep tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 07:05:03 AM »
Definitely get some sleep. It must be getting pretty late there (I'm I'm qld and am about to go to bed myself soon)

From what I understand this little amoeba CAN'T live in fresh, clean water. It comes from sediment in rivers and ponds. I think I remember the water in Melbourne being flouridated as part of its treatment (I went to primary school down there) so I imagine that, surviving in clean, treated, fresh water with other elements added in by the council would make it impossible for it to survive.

Which is probably why there's never been a recorded case down there ;)

Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 03:45:57 AM »
Thanks Gomubukai!

Day 6 today. I had so many what if's but I tried my hardest to push them away. Still getting over my stupid cold. My hands felt shaky today but I know it's the anxiety getting the best of me. Thanks for being so caring!
Bookmark and Share