Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Eating Amoeba  (Read 1260 times)

Offline opheliaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Eating Amoeba
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
Thanks 2sungo! That really helped but I feel bad to say that I still feel like one of those super unlucky ones. Happy New Year to you too though!

I feel a little nauseous and I keep burping but I think that's because I've got acid reflux from anxiety. *facepalm* Boy anxiety sucks!

I'm here with ya if you'd like to stay in contact over the next week until we are both "in the clear".

How are you feeling today?
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 04:57:58 AM »
Day 5... I thought I had a fever but when I got out the thermometer it said I was fine... My brain is still playing with me and it's driving me insane. Also the right side of my neck is sore. I think I pulled it from testing it so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »
I'm on day 3 now - it happened Sunday. I go back and forth as well from "you're fine and this is ridiculous" to "holy s*** I'm dying". I've discovered that I'm better in the evenings, and worse in the mornings. I too, feel feverish, but the thermometer says I'm fine. I'm still smelling things like crazy. I can't wait until next Monday :-(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alvie22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »
Bpadilla49, I understand you are freaking out but please relax. Like you, I also felt like I had a fever with the thermometer saying my temperature was fine. I even felt dizzy! If i remember correctly, this disease takes only a week to kill a person. If you truly did have it, you would be in bed and be completely unable to move! You'd be completely unresponsive and with a terribly high fever. Don't keep tormenting yourself!
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 04:23:35 PM »
You're right Alvie. This is getting ridiculous and I'm sure bpadilla agrees it's like a fight inside your brain.

Anyway my stomach felt a bit churney and I was serious when I thought if I went to bed, I wouldn't wake up but I did. Here I am another day...
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm doing better with each passing day. I've got terrible pressure in my nose, which is relieved with Mucinex pills. Now, I'm freaking out about this pressure instead of the brain eating amoeba. I had something similar happen in November, but had a terrible DRY sinus infection. Now I'm pretty much over my cold and having this pressure in my nose without cough or congestion is making me think I have some kind of tumor. I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 06:00:57 PM »
I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another!!!

Oh my gosh I know right. My stomach feels a little weird. I'm scared it's the amoeba... but maybe I just ate too much and I've got a sensitive stomach because of stress and anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alvie22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »
Be grateful for the sleep guys, some of us can't fall asleep at all  :( but on a more cheerful note, opheliaaa I am glad you are doing better, and hope that your good health continues on for the rest of your life :) I remember back when I was younger, I would always be afraid of everything, even the most silly things. Looking back, I like to laugh about it with my mother. Like she would always say, who is in control, you or your mind?
Bookmark and Share

Offline opheliaaa

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »
I've been sleeping every second night because I'm so exhausted. Today I left the house but my stomach is a bit sore and gurgly. It's not the amoeba is it? I'm just being paranoid right? This is so annoying. I hope it's just my stomach being stupid and not nausea caused by the brain eating amoeba. I'm so scared again.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 05:55:32 AM »
I think I read on this thread somewhere that you're from Melbourne?  Do you mean in Australia?

I read on an official Australian site that cases of this have been in South Australia, NSW, Queensland and Western Aus. There have been 5-6 cases in the whole country since 1981 and there are no records of there EVER being a case in Victoria.

You're ok :)

Btw. A sore, gurgly stomach can be caused by anxiety ;)
Bookmark and Share