Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Question about the noggin  (Read 111 times)

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question about the noggin
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »
Hello All,
Does anyone feel like there are certain places in your head where it just feel's like there is nothing going on in that area?  :fragend005:
It feels I guess numb but not tingling kind, but like someone stuck something in the tissue wear my brain should be. I've told my doctor he didn't seem to concerned about it because he know's I've been having some anxiety issues as of late. This feeling doesn't happen everyday, but it it does come every so often especially if my anxiety was high. It starts of as the sensation being very strong and noticeable, then it starts to fade away over a 1-4 day period. This has only happen to me twice, the first time it happened I freaked out but it went away once I got into a better place with my anxiety, and has recently came back. This is the second time it's happened in about 40 days about with two weeks in between. It's mainly in located on the top middle portion of my head.
Sorry for a long post and have a Happy New Year! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question about the noggin
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:23:08 AM »
I also occasionally get some pressure in the head mainly behind the eye and ear and suffer from very duo tension headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 05:42:56 AM »
I know exactly what you have been feeling I wouldn't worry! I see a therapist and r going through cbt therapy so I'm learning and finding ways to control it. I had the same sensation and just like you describe it doesn't hurt it's just a very strange sensation... Well I noticed a pattern with it it usually came on when I was very tired or stressed out, how I described it was like my brain had forgot how to operate I work late and at a certain time I would get it and not be able to concentrate properly. My advice don't worry it's completely normal anxiety causes your body to go in overdrive and it's very draining a person who suffers will feel more tired and run down than a average well person. Try relax and maybe write down what your doing, thinking, feeling etc when u get this sensation and I bet you will see a pattern :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
I have weird feelings on the top of my head and at the back of my head. They aren't like 'normal' headaches and they don't hurt per se, they're just annoying and exhausting. It's like a pressure or like someone pulling my hair. Sometimes it feels cold. I have had this constantly and I mean constantly without any let up (apart from when I sleep) for over a month now and it's exhausting me. I am very anxious right now and my neck and shoulders are tense which I expect is contributing to it! This all started when I was particularly anxious and worsen when I am stressed or at work on the PC which would indicate anxiety.. however my HA is saying otherwise!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:43:27 PM »
Thank you both for the replies!
Bookmark and Share