Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello and help  (Read 198 times)

Offline Lynnlee22

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello and help
« on: December 30, 2013, 06:55:15 PM »
Hi everyone. My name is Lynn and I'm 31. I live in South Carolina and live a pretty happy life except for this itty bitty problem I have that includes worrying about everything! It isn't as if all my fears are completely unfounded. I have a diagnosed kidney disease which has done very little to calm my nerves about my health. Reading all of your posts here has made me realize that there are so many others that live with the same thoughts and realities.

I so appreciate your willingness to share. You've already helped me more than you know. This is my most recent obsession. I have this constant urge to urinate. It's not an actual need mind you...just the urge. I can go to the restroom and feel like I need to go again in five minutes. I never wake up at night to use the restroom which leads me to believe this is more anxiety based than physical. Of course that doesn't change the fact that I'm terrified I have diabetes, ovarian cancer, or some weird kind of tumor.  Am I completely off base to assume that diabetes would mean you actually need to urinate more than usual--not just an urge?

Thanks for any input. :)

Lynn
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello and help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:38:27 PM »
Typically with diabetes the reason you're urinating more (and more often) is because you're drinking so much water because you're so thirsty.

Have you had a urine analysis done to see if you might have a bladder or urinary tract infection? I don't mean to scare you in saying that, they're easily treated with antibiotics, and most of us women have had at least one, at some point in our lives.

I notice that when I'm anxious I urinate more often...not "more", just more often.

I've noticed it yesterday and today as I'm super anxious then I have been in the last month. It's anxiety induced for me.

Hope this helps you. I often have fears and worry about everything too. The only thing that gets me through most days is my belief in God, and I take heart in the fact of knowing that He loves me <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnlee22

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »
Thank you. :) Yes--I've had three different urinalysis done and two urine cultures. I'm pretty sure my doctor now thinks I just enjoy his company. I explained the symptoms and his comment was, "if it isn't waking you up at night, it's likely not a physical malady"

I know not having a physical problem is good news, but boy it would be nice to just be able to take a pill.

Yes, prayer, faith, and God have gotten me through many, many rough times. Thanks again for your kind response.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:26:58 PM »
you mentioned in your post that the urinating was a new "obssesion" do you have ocd? or is it just something else for you to worry about?  i remember about 10 years ago i had a full ct scan and that said i had a small cyst on one of my kidneys which they said was not concern at all but shortly after i started having all sorts of urinary issues and frequent urination. i went back to the doc several times and it ended up me being so obsessed about this little cyst. i eventually got over the fear but i cant even imagine your anxiety when you are actually dealing with a real kidney problem and trying to decipher what is fear and what is real.
i hope that you are feeling better and that whatever condition you have is treatable.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
wow i totally missed where you said you were from S.C. Im from S.C. also.  :action-smiley-065: from the upstate
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Online Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 11:35:08 PM »
Is it related to your kidney issue?
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Tags: