Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: And now I think I have bone cancer  (Read 157 times)

Online JenBNimble

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
And now I think I have bone cancer
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
My anxiety has been all over the map lately.

Over the summer I had bad shoulder pain which the doctor told me was tendinitis, although I didn't have any scans done to confirm. After a few weeks, the pain went away. Now it's back, the same pain in the same location, although not as bad as last time. The pain seems consistent with tendinitis - it hurts with certain movements, there's a tender spot near the front of my shoulder right where one of the rotator cuff tendons is, etc. But I think these things can also be signs of bone cancer, so that's all I can think about.

Has anyone had recurrent tendinitis like this? I'm only 30 and I don't really do any repetitive motions except carrying my children and reaching up into kitchen cabinets. I did read that sleeping on your side (which I do) can put stress on your shoulder, so maybe that's a contributing factor. I know that bone cancer is pretty rare. I could just use a reality check right now  :P
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: And now I think I have bone cancer
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:32:19 PM »
You can have tendonitis in any joint with tendons and I've actually got it in the thumb joint that is closest to my hand.  I've had it for years.....It gets real painful at times and then goes away for a while and always comes back.  A few years ago I had a steroid injection in that joint and it kept the pain away for just about a year...the shot was pretty painful though!  Maybe try repositioning yourself when you sleep and make sure and surround yourself with pillows so that as you turn they will remind you to roll back over and stay off that shoulder for a while
Bookmark and Share

Tags: