Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Abdominal "bubbling", pain, weight loss & now nausea.....please help me  (Read 332 times)

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi there,
I have posted about my many symptoms before but I now have a new symptom to add to the bunch.....nausea.

The abdominal bubbling started about 13/14 months ago. I had given birth by emergency c section. I had also carried a big baby prior to that, and I am quite petite. The bubbling started shortly after that, mainly in the one spot, mid tummy, a couple of inches right of my belly button. It's a very hard symptom to describe, but I guess a good way is that can feel like there is a baby in there kicking me or moving around, or like there are literally bubbles of air in my tummy bursting or popping or being pushed around. I also get pain in this spot. Sometimes I can feel it when I move in certain position, or stretch etc. It also seems very hard to find much information on this symptom, it doesn't seem to be very common. I get lower abdominal/pelvic pain too, that pain feels different, almost a cramping pain I suppose. My GP examined me and she couldn't feel any cysts or tumours, but said that she could literally push the gas around my tummy with her hands and mentioned IBD's quite a few times and referred me for a colonoscopy. I had the colonoscopy and the results were fine, but the doctor then referred me for a small intestine barium x-ray, which I am still waiting on the results of. I also had an abdominal, pelvic and trans-vaginal ultrasound a few months ago and that was all clear.Other abdominal symptoms  have are mucousy stools. Now in the past couple of weeks I've been feeling very nauseous. It comes on in waves and I feel like I could vomit. This is making me feel very worried.

I have also had weight loss. I am about 10 lbs lighter now than before I was pregnant. But this nausea is really making me worry. If I started getting these abdominal symptoms over a year ago, why would I just start feeling nauseous now?

Please help me, if you know anything about this, I am finding it very hard to get information.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abdominal "bubbling", pain, weight loss & now nausea.....please help me
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:44:50 PM »
It seems like you've had a VERY thorough work up! If something were seriously wrong, they would've found it by now. I can't even think of another type of test you could have done, besides a stool test?

Maybe ask your doctor if you can have stool cultures done, and O&P (Ova and parasites) and H. Pylori test - all of those simply require stool samples.

I'm a doula - a woman who helps women through a natural childbirth. Have you ever heard of phantom pains? I don't mean to dismiss your symptoms in ANY way, because they are real, but the "kicking" feeling could simply be phantom "sensations" from being pregnant. It's actually quite common. After baby is born, mom still feels like baby is inside of her. She still feels "kicking" that she had when she was pregnant.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:13:08 AM »
Hi there,

Thank you for your response.
Dare I ask, what is H. Pylori?
I have previously mentioned the possibility of parasites to a doctor, this was prior to my colonoscopy, and he said that if I had anything like that, the prep for the colonoscopy would flush it away. I'm still experiencing the same symptoms post-colonoscopy though.  Maybe I should request a stool test next? Or maybe the doctor will request one anyway.

I haven't heard of phantom pregnancy pains, no. But it is an interesting concept. However, it was my doctor who referred me for all of these tests, and even felt the bubbling herself, and heard it with a stethoscope, and said it sounded like there was acrobatics and somersaults going on in my tummy.

I'm worried my insides could have been damaged from my pregnancy, or the c section, or that there are tumours or ulcers in there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »
I just googled H. Pylori. A few months ago I had a gastro breath test where they tested for a certain bacteria, I think this may have been it? test results came back negative. Does this sound like the same thing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
H Pylori is a bacteria that occurs in your stomach. It can cause pain, nausea, vomiting,
burning, weight loss, etc. It can be cured by a regimen of antibiotics. My GI physician
told me it can diagnosed by a breath test, blood test, stool exam or EGD. He said that
EGD is the most accurate.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline AOKAY

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
Here is a somewhat simple suggestion from me (a 50 year bowel disease patient) and my gastroenterologist (who always suggests this whenever I complain of belly discomfort of the lower tract variety).

Take all dairy out of your diet.  And I mean ALL dairy, including yogurt, cheese, ice cream and anything with even powdered milk.  Certain human guts simply have a hard time digesting dairy.

Then, once totally off for a week see how you feel.  If better, starting adding back items one at a time to see how your belly responds.

Try it.  It works for me and my gastro recommends it to all his patients with great results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 04:03:46 AM »
As a bowel disease sufferer, have you ever experienced the symptoms I have described? I'm very interested to know, as my GP mentioned the possibility of me having an IBD many times, and she asked if there was history of IBD's in my family and she was very surprised to hear that there wasn't.

The pain and bubbling is a huge concern for me, but now this nausea is just pushing me over the edge. I'm a 32 year old female.

I will try cutting out dairy, as you have suggested, and see what the results are. New Year, new nutrition, and all that :)

I have an appointment with the Gastro in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions on questions I should ask, in general, and regarding my colonoscopy and small intestine x-ray?
Thanks for your help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 02:18:04 PM »
I'm guessing your doctor indicated you may have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and not inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), based upon the your colonoscopy, which you indicated showed nothing alarming.  An inflammatory condition would certainly have shown on the colonoscopy. 
I am a patient with IBD, specifically Crohns disease which is clearly visible during a colonoscopy and confirmed through biopsy.  Feel good about the fact you have no inflammatory condition. 
Even without inflammation, the gut can act weird; hence the IBS diagnosis, meaning you have an irritable bowel and you need to learn what makes it irritable.  Dairy products are a good area to explore.  Also stress/anxiety is a tremendously big factor with all bowel/digestive symptoms.  Kids alone are stress inducers!
Work with your doctor.  You can and will feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: