Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO HELP ME  (Read 224 times)

Offline tysmart

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO HELP ME
« on: December 30, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »
I posted the other day that in the past month I have had two CT scans (one with and one without contrast), two upper abdominal ultrasounds (liver, galbladdee, pancreas). The only findings in the four scans were fatty liver infiltration and bigger than average messenteric lymph nodes the radiologist calls non-pathological. I have had more CBCs the past two months than my entire life.

Started exercising the day after Thanksgiving starting at 278 lbs. I lost 5 lbs the first week down to 273!! Now I'm down to 265 after one month. I started last week to eat junk because I wanted to make sure my exercise caused the weight loss because it was so fast but now I can't gain weight no matter what I eat. It is freaking me out now that I have cancer.

My weight fluctuates between 264 and 268 each day for three weeks. Did they miss something? Were those lymph nodes the called non pathological indeed pathological?
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO HELP ME
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »
Weight loss while anxious is really common. I myself have lost about 25-30ish lbs since summer of 2012 when I was feeling stressed, then it fell more when I actually had anxiety attacks in January 2013.  I know that if I don't eat it will drop rapidly, if I do eat I can keep it stable or even gain a few, so for the last several months I hover in the mid to upper 170s.  I've had cat scans, blood tests, etc, with some findings that the docs don't seem to be worried about (seems things turn up if you get tested enough, but may be of no significance), everyone seems to agree it is anxiety/depression.  So while I can't say I don't have HA (as I wait for yet another blood test), I do know that anxiety can cause rapid weight loss, but at some point it does stabilize.  Go with what your docs say, treat the anxiety, when that is successful, the weight loss will either stop or be more under your control (eg if you exercise and eat properly you lose weight to get to your desired goal, if not you don't).
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
I agree with 2sungo.  Anxiety can cause weight loss and sometimes even weight gain.  It's hard to get a true idea of what your weight will do with diet and exercise when you are experiencing so much anxiety. Everyone's weight can fluctuate daily by about 5 pounds either way depending on what they've eaten, drank and output. The important thing is not to worry about the weight number, but to worry about what makes you feel good and what is best, which is a good diet and some exercise!  It's also great for the anxiety!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline EdnaLegume

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »
I lost 10 pounds in a week thanks to anxiety.  Can't really say it bothered me much..... I have a bit to spare.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »
Trust me when you first start working out you drop weight like crazyyyyy. I was at 291 when I started and after a month I was down to like 280, then it was a slow climb down with a few weight plateaus here and there, it's taken me about a year and half to get down to 190 but in the beginning I dropped weight like nothing, it's highly common.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Tags: