Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Shaky/Tremor like episodes ???Panic attack or something more?  (Read 158 times)

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Shaky/Tremor like episodes ???Panic attack or something more?
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:05:59 AM »
Hello Everyone it has been a long time since I have posted here.  For the last 4 weeks I have been having these episodes.  It started on my way home from work about 4 weeks ago.  I felt a little jittery and keyed up when I left work and within 5-6 min of leaving I became hot, extremely lightheaded, blurry/white vision, and was trembling all over.  I was close to my aunt's house so I pulled in there and got out of the car.  I couldn't feel my chest and could hardly make myself talk.  My legs felt like they weren't even there but I did walk inside.  I sat down at her table and was having horrible palpitations.  Since then I have noticed myself shaking here and there especially when I do alot with my hands I can feel them shake and my arms tremble especially when I reach for something on my desk. I have also had this occur while I was asleep.  I had been asleep maybe 15 min and woke up shaking all over with my hands and feet so sweaty and i ws lightheaded and had a loose bowel movement.  During the day I can usually tell when one of these "attacks" is going to come on because my hands will be more shaky and I will feel sort of "keyed up"  and then within 1-2 hours I have the same episode.  Sometimes its followed by a really loose bowel movement.  My blood pressure goes up during this attack and my heart rate as well.  Of course I have googled and come up with horrible things  :(  My question is does this sound like a panic attack to others?  I'm not really understanding the shaking in my hands and trembling in my arms just doing normal stuff.  I did recently start a new job and it is more stressful.  My doctor thinks the new job has initiated these "panic attacks" and I am focusing on the shaking for some reason.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar? What are yall's opinions? Thanks in advance for any help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bertz1985

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shaky/Tremor like episodes ???Panic attack or something more?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »
That really sounds like a panic attack to me! Whenever I have an anxiety attack I always have a BM afterwards. Try some relaxation techniques when you feel it coming on.  Telling myself that it's just anxiety usually helps me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Suz66

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »
Sounds almost exactly like my panic attacks. Although I've had them for awhile, and I've figured out how to manage them now so they don't get to the point of trembling/shaking/sweating much anymore....except for when I have them in my sleep..by the time they wake me up they're in full blow symptom mode with the trembling, shaking, sweating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lawkcrabb

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
Sounds like a panic attack to me... I get shaky and jittery, can't walk...my jaw chatters, hands shake.  Sounds like you are having one after another because you are worrying about it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: