Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Annoyed with my mother for no reason  (Read 286 times)

Offline skleep

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Annoyed with my mother for no reason
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:29:16 AM »
I absolutely love my mother but I find that when my anxiety is bad, little harmless things she does drive me up a wall- for example, the fact that she stays up late and falls asleep on the sofa instead of just going to her bed, or the fact that when she's not even upset, she'll do these long belabored sighs that make me want to know if everything is OK.  I love her and I feel so guilty for being so totally annoyed at these tiny harmless quirks.  I think a huge part of it is that there is a part of my mother I really don't want to emulate- I'm very afraid of turning into her someday even though she has a lot of great qualities.

Another thing she did that drove me nuts- she lost something of mine (which was cheap and totally not a big deal) and then kept going on about how she "failed me" and was practically in tears, even though I wasn't mad and didn't really mind.  I knew I should have had sympathy but I was actually annoyed!  This also happened because she had drunk too much and that alone got me annoyed.

Does anyone else feel annoyed with a perfectly lovely family member over little things? I feel kinda guilty...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Annoyed with my mother for no reason
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:18:36 AM »
Annoyance/ anger can be one of the problems with anxiety. If you like, I can move your topic to the 'relationship forum' since you might get more feedback there?

Be well!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »
As I see it, your reactions are not so unfounded, what you describe are not such little things. She has her issues and may indeed by failing you in some ways, or thinks she is failing you.

Sometimes roles can get a bit reversed. Forgive her for her shortcomings, know she loves you and know you need not become her. Take the good and try to forgive the not so good. Just some thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline arib

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 03:40:47 PM »
Oddly enough I had the same thing going on with me yesterday. My mom randomly told me that I need to go out more because I stay in my room all day. I literally snapped and gelt so bad about it. Just learn how to control to pray and control yourself before speaking/reacting. God bless.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alwaysthinking

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »
You're not alone Trust me my ocd has ruined my mums life it's difficult but anxiety tends to change how you normally would react to situations so try to cut your self some slack and maybe have a chat with your mum and explain the situation I'm sure she'll understand x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: